Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AWS SSM Automation Not Executing From OpsGenie Action

Justin.Beeman March 16, 2021

I've created an action channel connected to my AWS account that houses my SSM Documents. I've used the cloudformation script that it provides to create the IAM role that OpsGenie assumes to execute these actions. It has SystemManager, EC2, and ECS admin privileges currently just for testing purposes.

In that AWS account, I've created a custom Systems Manager document that is of type "Automation". 

I've created a new OpsGenie action and I am able to select the custom document from the drop down list. Meaning the IAM role that was created is definitely allowing the OpsGenie AWS account assume that role to list my documents.

I've added that action to a test alert using both "{{action}}" and "action". I click on both to execute, they show up in the logs specific to that alert saying the action was successfully executed. However, when looking inside of AWS  I do not see any logs saying that the custom document was executed. 

Am I possibly adding the action to the alert wrong or are there any logs in AWS that I can specifically look for to troubleshoot this issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2021

Hi @Justin.Beeman ! 

It looks like you just created a ticket with support for troubleshooting this. We will continue to work with you via that ticket so that we can request access to your account to assist with troubleshooting!

Thanks,

Samir

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events