Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AWS Cloudwatch Alerts are not send to OpsGenie

Jessie Gouw May 7, 2021

AWS Cloudwatch is setup with OpsGenie, I received the informational alert already and I setup notifications for all the alerts in different states (OK, INSUFFICIENT DATA, ALARM) connected to the Opsgenie sns topic I made. The connection has been established succesfully.

The problem is, that somehow alerts are still not being sent to opsgenie.
(Yes I changed thresholds to trigger alerts)

Thank you in advance for replying!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jessie Gouw May 10, 2021

SOLUTION:
The issue has been resolved, encryption was enabled which caused an AccessDenied error because the KMS key had inproper rights. It can be mitigated by editing the access policy of the topic or by disabling encryption of the topic.

1 vote
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2021

Hi @Jessie Gouw ,

That's strange if test / confirmation was successful, and the actual CloudWatch events are not creating Opsgenie alerts.

Can you check if there are any logs or errors under the Settings tab >> Logs tab??

This sounds like your SNS subscription may also have the Enable Raw Message Delivery checkbox selected - when I believe it should be unchecked:

awscomm1.jpg

^ So if that's the case, and there are logs / errors in Opsgenie, there might not be any data parsing in the payload of these requests.

Let us know if this helps! Or if you run into other questions, issues, etc.

Jessie Gouw May 7, 2021

@Nick H Thanks for the reply! The raw message checkbox is currently unchecked already. These are the last logs I received

Screenshot 2021-05-07 at 16.39.07.png

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2021

Ok - thanks for checking all that. 

That log does not look related to the CloudWatch integration. Can you search the logs for the integration name with something like this:

awscomm2.jpg

If the connection is made successfully - which is sounds like it has been - Opsgenie would still record error logs.

Jessie Gouw May 7, 2021

See the most recent logs in my earlier reply (I edited it afterwards sorry)

Nick H
Atlassian Team
May 7, 2021

I also edited mine 😅 

Try checking for "cloudwatch" logs vs. all of the logs in your account. Then adjust the time range as well if possible!

Jessie Gouw May 7, 2021

Could this be the source? I used your key words!

Screenshot 2021-05-07 at 16.46.50.png

Nick H
Atlassian Team
May 7, 2021

That log seems unrelated. If possible, can you open a ticket with Opsgenie support here: https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/

It might be easier if our team can access the logs and take a look at your account! I'll look for that ticket.

Like Jessie Gouw likes this
Jessie Gouw May 7, 2021

The support ticket number is: OGSP-67183

@Nick HThank you so much for efforts!

Like Nick H likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events