API Overage Pricing

Andy Baumgartner December 12, 2022

Hi, could someone please describe how the overage pricing for API requests works?  For example the Essentials plan offers 1000x number of users API requests.  If we exceeded this limit will we get a email?  Will the product silently fail?

Thanks!

-Andy

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2022

Hi @Andy Baumgartner 

Perhaps this page will help you https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/api-rate-limiting

If a request exceeds the defined rate limit, the request is either rejected with the HTTP status 429 - Too Many Requests or delayed to be executed.

Andy Baumgartner December 12, 2022

Thanks Alex.  That page implies there are hidden rate limits in addition to the monthly limits advertised on the pricing page.  From my reading of the article the second limit will effectively cause every request to fail. 

If this is not the case could you please comment for our use case of 4 users.  Will 2 API requests that fall in the same second with the Essentials plan fail? 

4*1000/24/60/60 = .046

.046<1

It sounds like the answer to my original question is that the requests will simply fail if our monthly rate limit is exceeded.  Do you have any plans to make the more similar to the SMS limit where a fee is charged instead? 

Andy Baumgartner December 15, 2022

Hi Alex, could you please comment on my pricing question?

Andy Baumgartner December 21, 2022

Hi Alex, any update on my pricing question?  Thanks!

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2022

Hi @Andy Baumgartner and sorry for my late reply. I think that it's best if you address this question directly to Atlassian's support. I think that they are more appropriate in answering your question.

Andy Baumgartner December 21, 2022

Great, thanks Alex!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events