Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

support@opsgenie.com is going away on June 8, 2020

Starting on June 8, 2020 support@opsgenie.com will not be an option to contact support. Instead, you can reach out to our support team through our web contact forms below or the in-product chat.*

Why isn't there a direct support email for technical support?

Contact form and chat instead of email allow for a more secure and effective support experience as it provides the following benefits to customers:

• More accurate routing to get your ticket to the correct support engineer.

• Support history is available for customers that want to see their previously submitted support tickets.

• More security as these channels are not exposed to spoofing, and allow us to validate who the requestor is.

• More secure file transfer between customers and support.

* Entitled customers as per Opsgenie Service Level Agreement and System Support Plan

2 comments

Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2020

Generally I would think as a support organization you would want as many channels as possible to people to be able to contact you? Why would you shut off the most obvious one? 

While I do use the in app chat for many of my issues. Having an email is useful as an alternate method.

Why not use jira for your support. EMails can create tickets, and get the full benefit of the items listed.

Not a fan of this move. (also not a fan of forcing all opsgenie users to have atlassian accounts, but thats another story.)

Like Theo Ekelmans likes this
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2020

Hi, Andrew

Thank you for your comment. As a support organization we aim to provide the best customer service, and in this case we understand removing email as a channel is a step in that direction.

We actually use Jira for our support, and using a contact form allows us to validate the user's identity providing more security and privacy for our users.

At the same time it allows us to route the request to the team with the biggest overlap in order to make the communication faster, and it provides the support engineer the necessary details correctly prioritize requests and to solve them more quickly.

It also allows us to better scale our support operations and aligns our support model with the rest of Atlassian, giving our customers a consistent experience.

I hope this gives more context into why we've made this decision.

Like Joe Hallissey likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events