Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication Options for Atlassian’s Opsgenie

What’s New as of May 21, 2020

Hi there! We recently made some changes to the way you can leverage Single-sign on and authorization within Opsgenie. Based on customer preference and feedback we introduced a new feature to allow you to switch between authentication types. Some customers prefer to use SSO through Opsgenie, others prefer to leverage Access. We want to make sure you can choose what works for you. We introduced this change on May 21, 2020. Please note that only customers on the Standard or Enterprise plans have access to Single-Sign on. 

What if I’m a new customer, signing up today? 

Atlassian authorization will be defaulted for you. So, after signing up for Opsgenie and logging in, if you want to switch to Opsgenie Authorization. Go to settings, and select “Login and SSO”

SSO5.png

Switching to Opsgenie Login 

You will then be able to choose Opsgenie authorization, one you choose,  you will see this notice:

SSO6.png

Customers using Atlassian Access for Opsgenie users only, will not be charged for Access usage. If you’re using Access for other Atlassian products and you have overlap between those products and Opsgenie, you will only be charged for users using Access for the other products, you will not be charged for using Access with Opsgenie. 

What if I signed up before April 15 and I want to change the authentication method that I’m using?

From Opsgenie, go to Settings and select “Login and SSO.” Click the Single Sign-on tab 

SSO Screenshot 1.png

If you’re currently using Opsgenie Authorization and want to use Access for SSO or Atlassian credentials for password login, you will see this screen and the option to switch:
SSO3.png

And then this message will pop up for you to move forward with the switch to Atlassian authorization. 

SSO 4.png

Switching to Opsgenie Authorization
If you’re currently using Atlassian Authorization or Access and want to use Opsgenie Authorization, you will see this screen and the option to switch:

SSO5.png

SSO6.png

Then you will be able to set up SSO promptly after switching:

sso 7.png

What if I’m currently using Opsgenie Authorization and I don’t want to make any changes?
Then you don’t need to do anything, just proceed as normal! 

Need more info? 
For more information please see our documentation. If you’re having trouble and need help, we’re here for you! Please reach out to our support team.

2 comments

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2020

That's really cool thanks for the update @Kate Clavet!

Like Kate Clavet likes this
Donovan Bray September 14, 2022

How do we get a card in Okta, if we've turned on Atlassian Access login but want to reach OpsGenie specifically?

it's not in the list of "links"

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 4.03.14 PM.png

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events