Using Looker in Ops Genie

Dave Galati August 12, 2019

Hi, new to Ops Genie, i was experimenting with generating reports today and found that when using download data inside a report, and selecting the 3 dots inside a panel on the report dashboard, (vs selecting the gear to the right of dashboard) and choosing:  "With visualization options applied" and  choosing a few of the formatting options - I see Looker starting and generating a report.   

Guess i need help determining is it Looker or some other place that generates reports ? 

1 comment

Kate Clavet
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2019

Hi there @Dave Galati can you provide a little more information? Are you trying to figure out how to generate a report in Opsgenie based on your own parameters? 

Or are you asking if Opsgenie uses Looker for data generation? 

Thanks! 

Kate 

Dave Galati August 14, 2019

I found my way mostly Kate,  i had just never seen the Looker package take over when generating a report.  But thx.  Now i know i can hit up this community for user (I'm really a "new admin"), newbie questions.   Unless you think there is a different channel I should be using. ?? 

Like Kate Clavet likes this
Kate Clavet
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2019

@Dave Galati glad to hear it! Always feel free to post your questions here, this is a great resource for "new" and experienced Opsgenie users. :) 

Dave Galati August 15, 2019

Add'l questions:  

1.  Do i go to our account team for an invite to be able to login and use Looker for report generation ?  Im unclear how to login and use Looker outside of OpsGenie

2.  Regarding building reports - do we use whats available on the OpsGenie menus or go with Looker for report generation ?  

3.  Infra Health Reports - how do i edit the service types ?  they do not match the "teams" we setup; if this is where the service types are generated from. 

4.  Service Health Reports -  go to account team to verify if we have this package ?

5.  How-To docs - where are the how to docs on configuring things (reports specifically) for OpgGenie.  I go to the Guides docs, but these do not tell me how to make changes to configurations.  WHERE do i go to get this information ?    THX.  

Like Kate Clavet likes this
Kate Clavet
Atlassian Team
August 15, 2019

Hi @Dave Galati 

1.  Do i go to our account team for an invite to be able to login and use Looker for report generation ?  Im unclear how to login and use Looker outside of OpsGenie

When logged in to Opsgenie, as long as you're on the Standard or Enterprise plan and an admin of the account you will see an analytics tab on the left navigation. Enterprise plan customers have access to more reports. You would click there to generate the reports. You don't need to access Looker outside of Opsgenie. (Let me know if I'm misunderstanding your question). 

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 9.44.19 PM.png

2.  Regarding building reports - do we use whats available on the OpsGenie menus or go with Looker for report generation ?  

You can filter reports based on various variables to personalize them for your situation by using the filter tab. This is at the top of the page below the title. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 9.45.50 PM.png

3.  Infra Health Reports - how do i edit the service types ?  they do not match the "teams" we setup; if this is where the service types are generated from. 

For infrastructure health reports, check the filter that indicates which team. It's possible that you're looking at company-wide services versus the services assigned to the team you're concerned with: 

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 9.47.49 PM.png

4.  Service Health Reports
Service health reports are part of the enterprise plan only, here's a great link that explains how to access service health: https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/service-health-reports

5.  How-To docs - where are the how to docs on configuring things (reports specifically) for OpgGenie.  I go to the Guides docs, but these do not tell me how to make changes to configurations.  WHERE do i go to get this information ?    THX. 

I would suggest a few resources. 1. Feel free to keep coming back to the community, we're here to help! 2. Our YouTube page can be a great resource: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOAvxR81GL7mXwjQNs1c-GA and 3. The documentation can be found here: https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs 

Such great questions! Thanks for participating in our community! 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events