Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve all alerts from API for a given timeframe without pagination limit of 100

Craig Sharp April 25, 2023

I am looking for a way to pull more than 100 alerts at a time using the API for a given timeframe.

I know how to do this by setting the offset in my api call but it liimits to 100 for each call. Then I have to change the offset.

Is there a better way to get this data as I need to pull all alerts during a given timeframe for ingest into Elastic? Sometimes there may be more than 100 alerts.

Does anyone have a script available that might provide an example?  Language does not matter.

Another thought...is anyone already doing this type of ingest into Elastic that could provide a working soluton to the problem?

Thank you

1 comment

Gopal SA
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 25, 2024

Yes, opsgenie alert api only return 100 alerts when using https://api.opsgenie.com/v2/alerts api, and below python code can be used to keep retrieving all alerts until all the pages are read. Every api response has the property paging['next'] that can be used to set the api url to the next page of alerts.

import requests

api_key = "<YOUR API KEY>"

api_url = "https://api.opsgenie.com/v2/alerts"

headers = {

"Content-Type": "application/json",

"Authorization": f"GenieKey {api_key}"

}

# Specify your desired parameters, such as query, sort, etc.

params = {

}
while api_url:

response = requests.get(api_url, headers=headers, params=params)

if response.status_code == 200:

alerts = response.json()

all_alerts.extend(alerts.get("data", []))

print (f"Retrieved {len(alerts.get('data', []))} alerts. Total alerts: {len(all_alerts)}")

paging = alerts['paging']

try:

api_url = paging['next']

except KeyError:

api_url = None

print('All alerts read')

else:

print(f"Error: {response.status_code}, {response.text}")

break

print(f"Total number of alerts: {len(all_alerts)}")

In the above logic, add filtering on createdAt field as part of alert to ingest only alerts during a given timeframe

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events