OpsGenie and Service Desk Integration: Transitioning of Tickets

Deleted user February 2, 2020

I've completed some of the integrations, OpsGenie(OG) and Jira Service Desk(JSD). When ACKing a ticket from OG the result is shown on JSD, SLA(Time to first response) is updated and comments are shown.

Should you close the call from OG the ticket transitions from an "Open" state to "Completed" and SLA is not updated, Time to resolution keep running.

I tested this for both INC and SR's with the same outcome. 

What integrations may I be missing?

1 comment

Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2020

Check your SLA rules, and see what conditions "stop the clock" on the Time to resolution SLA.

If you use the default, then you actually have to set a resolution on the ticket. Even if it is the "Completed" state, if the Resolution field is still "unresolved" the SLA will keep running.

Depending on how you have OG telling Jira to close the ticket, you may be able to pass a resolution in that call. Else you can update the transition that is executed to update the resolution automatically when the transition is called.

Deleted user February 3, 2020

Thanks, checked SLA rules, conditions updated to stop the clock as defaults were applied. 

I am checking on the options to add comments on closing/updating(ACKing) the ticket from OG to JSD.

Deleted user February 3, 2020

I am still not convinced the updates submitted from OG updates the tickets correctly. Even thou the timers are updated the ticket status do not contain a Done tick. Do I require an automation rule as I have tried this before and the Done is not applied.

Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2020

Using the native Opsgenie to JSD integration, I dont think there is a way to pass the resolution.

It looks like Opsgenie looks for a transition to a resolved state, and tell jira to execute that transition. What you want to do is in that transition, add a post function to set the resolution. That way, whenever the transition is executed, the resolution will be set automatically.

For reference, I don't use the native integration. I use Marid to get the details from Opsgenie and take actions on the ticket. Marid is end of life, but is replaced by OEC. (Marid was groovy based, OEC is python)  Its a little harder to set up, but will give you a lot more options on how to handle the OG to Jira integration.

Deleted user February 4, 2020

Added a post function to set the resolution on Completion and or Resolved to Done. The change is as "Done" in his area of the transition. Thanks

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events