Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Feature request] Export postmortems en masse to Confluence(?)

Steve Hull
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 28, 2024

We'd like to set up a default location to export postmortems to in Confluence (eg, a default space & parent page). When setting this up, there should be an option to export all existing postmortems to the configured space & parent page.

When exporting to Confluence, it should include the incident number by default in the page title, instead of defaulting simply to the title of the postmortem in Opsgenie. As it stands, the export looks for "duplicate" exported postmortems by title and if you have multiple incidents with the same title (eg, "[P0] Web Availability" or something generic like that), Opsgenie will fail to export to Confluence after the first one.

Also, I'm not entirely sure if it's possible to add key-value metadata to Confluence pages, but if it is, it'd be cool if the export automatically added relevant metadata to the postmortem, eg:

• incident #
  • incident url
  • incident start time
  • incident end time
  • incident duration

1 comment

Steve Hull
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 28, 2024

Let me add another issue here:

When you're trying to select the "Parent Page" for the postmortem export, the autocomplete input only shows 25 options matching your search (eg "postmortem"). Unfortunately, it adds "postmortem report" to the title of exported postmortems, so they pollute the autocomplete results until you actually can no longer select the appropriate Parent Page. Interestingly, I named the parent page "Postmortems" and if I search for that string exactly, the autocomplete shows no options.

This is extremely frustrating—it basically leaves me dead in the water trying to get these into Confluence.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events