Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Notification Template - Ops Genie

Andrew Ketchum June 3, 2020

Does anyone have any use cases using the Email Notification Templates? Not being able to carry the priority of the issue in the subject along with not having the ability to pass through the name of the service, rather then the URL, I am finding it hard to use without creating a Custom Template per service, per priority. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas I would love to hear them. 

1 comment

Shivam Naik
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2020

Hi @Andrew Ketchum ,

The email templates are meant for Stakeholders, who are limited on what they can see and have Read-Only access. That said, the use of this would be to notify Stakeholders of issues/downages impacting Services at the point of Incident creation. Anyone who is part of an Incident will be able to access the Incident and associated alerts to see the Priority. Here is an article on using those as well; it also has a list of the Dynamic Fields containing information that Stakeholders will have access to https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/email-templates-for-stakeholder-notifications. However, I will submit a Feature Request to have the Priority field added as a Dynamic Field so that it will come through to Stakeholders on the initial email.

In regards to the Incident templates, unless it was a high impact, I would recommend using a general notification email stating that the ((Impacted Service)) was affected, and for high priority impacts, you could use a different Email template stating that it was a P1/P2 for use with the appropriate Incident templates so that it was contained there, and you won't have to make one per Service since the "Impacted Service" field is dynamic and will list the affected Service the email is sent for

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events