Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating incidents and alerts from integrations? Incident Rules?

Daniel Korsah August 27, 2021

Hi all,

I'm investigating incident and alerts management for my company. We're currently on the free trial. I've been looking for how to create alerts from a Grafana alert integration. I have set that up and can send a test alert. Nothing is actually actioned as a result  but that's expected. With pagerduty I would set up an incident rule which creates an Alert upon receiving the call from the integration. I assume the same is true in Opsgenie.

According to this page I can find the required UI to add incident rules under Teams and services, but I've not been able to locate that option. Tutorial material I've been able to find that shows the screen while setting up these integrations appears to use outdated UIs entirely.

From this other post I think it's implied that this might not be supported at my payment tier, but I'm not sure. Does it also depend on your Jira Service Management tier? The user who answered that post also seems to have more UI elements down the left side of the screen than I do. Compare their screenshot to mine below.Screenshot from 2021-08-27 12-38-18.png

I think I must ether be fundamentally misunderstanding something here or else I'm not allowed to set this up under my current plan. Either way I need to understand the reasoning as my company want to decide on the solution very soon and the trial runs out in 7 days.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

1 comment

Jonathan Tougas June 3, 2022

screenshot-1.png

The trial doesn't default to a plan that includes this functionality. You need to change the plan associated to the trial. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events