Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Alerts routing within a team

Hi,

I'm setting up multiple teams in Opsgenie (DevTeam1, DevTeam2, ...). Within a single team, they might have different slack integration to be able to send specific alerts to different Slack channels.

How can I setup my integration so that if an alert matches the condition for a channel it is not send to any other integrations?

1 comment

Nick H Atlassian Team Jul 07, 2021

Hi @Benjamin Souty ,

Unfortunately that's not possible. The Slack integration does not have functionality to know if an alert has already been sent to another channel. As long as an alert matches a Slack integration's filter/defined conditions, it will send messages to that configured channel.

There really isn't much of a workaround either. You could differentiate each Slack integration's filter from the others, but I'm sure that doesn't meet your use case.

Like Benjamin Souty likes this

I was hoping to avoid that but that's good to know.

The plan was to use labels on kubernetes resources to route alerts to a specific team and then if needed to a specific Slack channel.

On the other hand, routing to an additional dedicated channel shouldn't be something we often do and when we do, it's usually temporary. So setting a rule on a dedicated integration and the catch all one won't be a big deal. Just would have been nice :)

Thanks for your answer.

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

Leveraging Atlassian’s Opsgenie and AWS Cloudformation Registry to stay ahead of incidents

In the past, managing IT infrastructure was a hard job. It required a lot of manual effort and it was hard to keep track of all the necessary information (monitoring, scalability etc). Thankfully, as...

867 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you