Alerts routing within a team

Deleted user July 7, 2021

Hi,

I'm setting up multiple teams in Opsgenie (DevTeam1, DevTeam2, ...). Within a single team, they might have different slack integration to be able to send specific alerts to different Slack channels.

How can I setup my integration so that if an alert matches the condition for a channel it is not send to any other integrations?

1 comment

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2021

Hi @[deleted] ,

Unfortunately that's not possible. The Slack integration does not have functionality to know if an alert has already been sent to another channel. As long as an alert matches a Slack integration's filter/defined conditions, it will send messages to that configured channel.

There really isn't much of a workaround either. You could differentiate each Slack integration's filter from the others, but I'm sure that doesn't meet your use case.

Like Deleted user likes this
Deleted user July 7, 2021

I was hoping to avoid that but that's good to know.

The plan was to use labels on kubernetes resources to route alerts to a specific team and then if needed to a specific Slack channel.

On the other hand, routing to an additional dedicated channel shouldn't be something we often do and when we do, it's usually temporary. So setting a rule on a dedicated integration and the catch all one won't be a big deal. Just would have been nice :)

Thanks for your answer.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events