Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summit recap and Q&A: A little prep goes a long way - preparing for a server upgrade

Hi everyone! Jennifer here with the Priority Support team at Atlassian. Summit is starting to become a distant memory for us all (at least me), but I wanted to take a minute to share my talk with the community in case you missed it back in April! 

At this year's summit, I had the pleasure and honor of sharing my best tips on preparing for a Jira Server upgrade. While the talk was focused on Jira Server, it would be helpful for all server admins to watch. As we all know, any upgrade of an application can be a scary and sometimes stressful undertaking. My presentation will talk you through the preparation process so that you can approach your next upgrade with confidence. 

You can find a recording of the live presentation and the associated slides on our website: https://www.atlassian.com/company/events/summit/watch-sessions/2019/atlassian-admin/a-little-prep-goes-a-long-way-planning-your-next-jira-server-upgrade.

I'd love to answer any questions you have about preparing for an upgrade or the content of the presentation in general, so ask away! 

Jennifer 

2 comments

Comment

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2019

Hi @J van Leeuwen - thanks for posting and the reminder!  I've done many Jira upgrades as well as several Confluence and Bitbucket.  I'm sure, though, that I'll learn something new from your presentation, there seems to always be at least one "ah-ha!" moment in them all.  Cheers!

And yes, "starting to become a distant memory" is making me sad so onward toward the next one! ;-)

Like # people like this
J van Leeuwen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2019

You're very welcome, @LarryBrock

I hope you find an interesting tid-bit in there. I'd love to hear what stands out. The best way to recover from Summit blues is to prepare for the next one. :) Cheers! 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events