• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Looking for Atlassian alternative servers

As Atlassian plans to end server support, we do not want to move to either DC or Cloud.

So now we are looking for alternate options for Atlassian servers like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Fisheye & Crowd.

Please share the details if you have any information.

Thanks in advanced.

3 answers

2 votes
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Oct 20, 2020

Hi Yohan,

Although we've announced plans to end support for Server products, I'd like to highlight that this change isn't happening overnight - in fact there are over 3 years of support ahead for Server products. I understand the desire to plan ahead and look at options.

I'm curious what factors are involved with the hesitancy you have with Data Center or Cloud. We've worked hard to make sure Cloud is ready for most companies, and have several soon-to-be-released features that solve some concerns about using Cloud vs Server, such as data residency options. I'm hoping that I can provide some information that will help with your decision. And if not, knowing your specific concerns will lead to a more informative discussion.

Thanks,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Hello @Daniel Eads

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

Reason why I am looking for alternatives.

1. You were said that we are promoting CLOUD & also On-premise server will be there. Now you are saying that we are support for On-premise will be expired soon.

It means you are not keeping you own promises.

Because of this, can no longer trust Atlassaion. I don't have any problem that you are promoting CLOUD, but ending support for Server is totally not acceptable.

2. Security and privacy issues guided us to choose server versions for Atlassian applications.

Knowing that our internal and customer's data travel out of our local servers is a bit scary for us.

If you hold On-Premise forever, then I guess I'm going to stay forever with Atlassian.

Like # people like this

Hi,

we have the same reasons and the same opinion. We will never share our data on any cloud. Thats why we chose Atlassian few years back. And we stayed even though Atlassian keeps raising the license costs.

Petr

Like # people like this
2 votes

We are also looking for the same. Alternatives for Jira & Confluence on-premise server.

Please provide the alternative option if you know.

We are currently looking into migrating our Confluence content to xwiki -> https://xwiki.com/en/Blog/Confluence-to-XWiki-migration-export-import/

Jira/Bitbucket will probably replaced by gitlab in our company.

So If I understand correctly the Bamboo server will not be suported after 2024? Nice work atlassian, really nice work...

Jimmy Seddon Community Leader Oct 26, 2020

@koudis Atlassian has made it clear that they intend to have a Data Center version of Bamboo, and that they won't stop supporting the server version before the Data Center version is available.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Off-topic

Importance of Self Realization

Knowing who you are is very important. Life depends on how you define yourself. Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. — Oscar Wilde You might have seen come across quotes like: I am here fo...

442 views 2 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you