Is the answers.atlassian.com running on AWS micro instance? (504 Gateway error)

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2012

I am wondering if the cause for very often errors while accesing answers.atlassian.com:

504 Gateway Time-out

is related to the server configuration.

Even if you solve the problem, I would like to know the cause, as I do have my own OSQA instance :D

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2012

We're hosting Answers ourselves. It's running on our own server behind an nginx proxy (which is what's giving that error).

We had performance problems earlier in the year - around January - which we then fixed. Over the last couple weeks we turned on integration with Marketplace and have been seeing a new performance issue.

Both were customizations, independent of the OSQA core.

parthiban subramaniam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2012

Is this resolved ? have got too many time outs today.

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 11, 2012

I'm afraid not. We're close. Sorry...

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2012

I have been getting the 504 error randomly the past couple of days as well.

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
June 28, 2012

The problem is our search index (Whoosh) is performing poorly. We have a new search index (Xapian) that not only will fix the performance problems, but also will greatly improve search. It's still in testing, and I don't want to introduce new problems, so we might have this for a little bit more until it's ready. It's close to being fixed!

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2012

I was to sec away to ask something like that! I've been having this errors for a loooong time...

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events