Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miscellaneous Monday - Thoughts & prayers to everyone impacted!

Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2022

Sad times engulfing the Ukraine

Today is the last day of the Confluence Customer Love Month and I wanted to write about a genuine work achievement that was fun & exhilarating, one that had lifted my spirits...

but I just can't. 😢

With the situation in the Ukraine, the past week has pretty horrific. To make matters worse, I never realised just how many Russians & Ukrainians I know personally, until my worry and concern grew & grew.

Like so many of my colleagues and peers, I have spent many hours the past week reaching out to friends, Atlassian partners and clients - both Ukrainian and Russian!! -  trying to find out if they are OK and what I can do to support.

Luckily till now, whilst so many have had their lives horribly disrupted in ways I cannot even imagine, both extremely chaotic and super scary, none of them nor their families have been seriously injured (or worse)!

So, for those who had hoped to jump onto this Miscellaneous Monday, and join in on a  classic "Fun Man Andy vibe", I am sorry to disappoint.

To all Ukrainians now fighting for their country & their lives - the world stands by you! 💛 💙

To all Russians who don't want this, and denounce the current situation - we stand by you too! 🤍💙❤️

НET война!

No alternative text description for this image

4 comments

Comment

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2022

@Fun Man Andy thank you for the honest and raw emotion. 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 28, 2022

I don't think anyone could have said it any better.  Thank you @Fun Man Andy!

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro February 28, 2022

@Fun Man Andy,

I appreciate your words. 

I hope that situation ends soon in a better way.

🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

Like Fun Man Andy likes this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2022

Thank you for your reactions everyone. It's horrid situation that I fear is not over soon.
But on can hope! 🙏❤️

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events