Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Miscellaneous Monday - Building the Atlassian MULTIVERSE!

Happy Monday, everyone!

First time being a Miscellaneous Monday discussion author! 🎉 Yoohooooo, thank you, @Fun Man Andy ! 💙

Inspired by the latest Marvel story about Spider-Man: No Way Home (yes, I finally watched it!), it got me thinking... If our lovely Atlassian Ecosystem was an entire Universe, even a Multiverse, where would that be? And what would it look like? 🤔

If you can imagine Atlassian as a place somewhere in the vast space and time, what is the picture that comes to mind?

To me, it would be a beautiful Magic Forest full of wonders, long clear paths, and many secret passages. You'll be able to navigate quickly, but if you are brave and adventurous, learn the secrets to reach more and go even deeper in the magic.

magic-forest-wallpaper.jpeg

23 comments

Jimmy Seddon Community Leader Mar 14, 2022

Great question @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_!

Much like the variety offered in the Atlassian products, I don't see a single location when thinking about them.

Jira Software: I think mountain ranges.  A sturdy foundation with endless possibilities.

Jira Service Management: Rolling hills, not quite as big as the mountains but much more variable to accommodate the variety of needs.

Confluence: This is where I will agree with your magical forest.  Lots of vibrant colors coming to life together.

Bitbucket:  I see rows of corn fields.  It's not a pretty to look at as the others, but functionally it's extremely important to the ecosystem.

I'm sure if I thought hard enough we could also I in many of the others, but I think hitting the major players is good enough.

Thanks for the inspiration, this was a fun activity!

Like # people like this

Thank you for joining, @Jimmy Seddon !

I can imagine an Atlassian World Map based on your locations, and I think it would look awesome :)

Bitbucket is most likely to be attacked by aliens though 😆

Like # people like this

@Jimmy Seddon were you an author in a previous life?  I love your analogies....

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon Community Leader Mar 21, 2022

LOL! @Marjorie no, and in fact I was never really into writing until I started posting some articles on the Atlassian Community!

Andy Gladstone Community Leader Mar 14, 2022

Since I am partial to Confluence, I'll post my metaverse - Confluence is like SimCity. You start out with an empty canvas, build your initial layout, make sure all of the plumbing is connected, and start the expansion, revision and updating until the map fills in and a fully functional civilization appears.

I played SimCity on Windows 3.1 and Windows 95 in the early and mid-90's. I still remember the joy that finding a Registry Key Hack for Unlimited Funds brought me. My joy using Confluence each day is that feeling on steroids.

SimCity.png

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon Community Leader Mar 14, 2022

Ohh! Great analogy @Andy Gladstone!  I never played the original SimCity, SimCity 2000 was my first experience.

Like # people like this

@Jimmy Seddon @Andy Gladstone ok, I remember SimCity... we are dating ourselves here.

Like Andy Gladstone likes this

I LOVE THIS, @Andy Gladstone !

Karthick S Atlassian Team Mar 30, 2022

Good one :) 

Laura Holton Community Leader May 03, 2022

This is a great analogy @Andy Gladstone and that's not just because I'm a sucker for Sims even now 😅

Like # people like this
Okan Erdogan Community Leader Jul 20, 2022

My favorite game! And now I'm a big fan of Confluence. So, it all makes sense...

Dave Mathijs Community Leader Oct 10, 2022

Aaaah, SimCity, so many memories!

Marvelous, I can think of a lot of possibilities on top of this idea. Hope we could have something similar for the Community.

Brant Schroeder Community Leader Mar 14, 2022

Mine would be Silver Creek.  A pristine trout stream.  A beautify that anyone can succeed at catching a fish.  As you learn more about the different types of fish and how to attract them you are able to catch more fish.  If you take the time to master the stream you can catch and land trophy fish.  The best part is that you always put them back so others can have the same experience.  You also have the opportunity to share and teach others how to be successful.  I believe that this relates to all Atlassian products.  

Like # people like this

@Brant Schroeder teaching a man to fish... love the vision.

If our lovely Atlassian Ecosystem was an entire Universe, even a Multiverse, where would that be? And what would it look like? 

I am really seeing it like a mega shopping complex.  So, like a mall of applications that each provide some capability to a user. And, of course, the food court, which I think of as the community, where you can get all kinds of sustenance for your journey through the Atlassian mall.  Some of the stores are complementary, like Jira and Confluence, think Gap and Baby Gap... 

Like # people like this

Atlassian can build the community center in the Metaverse and all the community members, leaders, administrators can talk, discuss and resolve the users issue. It's interesting, right?

Also, Atlassian can arrange the meetup, seminar's, etc. in the Metaverse.  

Like # people like this
Belto Atlassian Team Mar 22, 2022

This is what I imagine it looking like

19 Best Utopian Science Fiction Books - The Best Sci Fi Books

Like # people like this

Nice :) 

Great one!

SriKumar P Atlassian Team Mar 22, 2022

If our lovely Atlassian Ecosystem was an entire Universe, even a Multiverse, where would that be? And what would it look like? 

Hidden Leaf Village and this is how it would look like

Fortnite_Hiddenleaf_111721.jpeg

Like # people like this
Srinatha T Atlassian Team Mar 30, 2022

This is nice

Tessa Tuteleers Community Leader Apr 14, 2022

I love that analogy!! 

Srinatha T Atlassian Team Mar 24, 2022

Pandora

Karthick S Atlassian Team Mar 25, 2022

Avengers Campus Calls on Marvel Multiverse to Explain Its Place in the  Marvel Cinematic Universe Canon

Like # people like this
Karthick S Atlassian Team Mar 28, 2022

multi1.jpeg

Like # people like this
Darryl Lee Atlassian Team Mar 29, 2022

It could be like multiple planets with wormholes attached each other. Each of them running in their specific order but when you teleport from 1 to another, your identity will be automatically recognised and granted the right permission to explore the new world!

XD

Jack Brickey Community Leader Mar 30, 2022

I think of Myst...beautiful landscapes but challenging hidden puzzles then great rewards once solved.

D929ED15-8A8B-490F-9945-610172B76DC0.jpeg

Like # people like this

Perfect.

Stranger than Fiction: What Is the Multiverse?

Like # people like this

Scientists Search for Evidence of the Multiverse in the Big Bang's  Afterglow | WIRED

Like # people like this
Srinatha T Atlassian Team Mar 31, 2022

narnia.jpeg

Like # people like this
Pramodh M Community Leader Apr 09, 2022

Wow, the thinking is beyond Imaginable as Multiverse is!!

I would think of it as all black and galaxies as each Atlassian tool where they would shine brighter and brighter every day!!

Tessa Tuteleers Community Leader Apr 14, 2022

A constantly moving world with always something more to discover. 

Disc Worl.jpeg

Like # people like this
Srinatha T Atlassian Team Apr 22, 2022

Infinity-Graphic.jpeg

Like # people like this
John Funk Community Leader May 13, 2022

I think it would look a lot like Narnia - not the winter, corrupted one, but the spring, released and lovely one.  

Avalon.  It would be much like Merlins, Avalon

7766491.jpg

Comment

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events