Friday fun: post a selfie

We have a new off-topic group, so let's kick it off with something fun! I discovered "photo booth" on my laptop about 30 seconds ago (no, I've never had a Mac before) so here is mine:

Photo on 8-25-17 at 10.09 AM #2.jpg

12 comments

Double selfies from me and @John Collins! And our cool little post-it note wall we're slowly creating.IMG_3185.JPG

I miss you, Austinites! However, I am guessing despite the fact that you're smiling, it's still hotter than the surface of the sun there.

IMG_1026.JPG

I woke up like this.

Kevan Lin Atlassian Team Aug 25, 2017

The force is strong with this one…

lol that's me every day

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Aug 25, 2017

Thanks for posting that video of our morning stand-up, Andrew.

A selfie, you say?

I can do that.  

selfie.jpg

It's weekend, time to play :-)

image.jpeg

Tonight is my games night -- I will have to show my friends this picture as they will be envious of your collection!

Last week we played Castles of Mad King Ludwig and Citadels the week before. Not sure what's on tap for tonight!

Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Aug 26, 2017

That's just a small part of my collection, about a fifth or so. We played Mice and Mystics, Pandemic - Reign of Ctulhu and Scythe today.

Kevan Lin Atlassian Team Aug 28, 2017

Pandemic! I've got that On the Brink expansion and that's so much fun to play. Although I can never get enough people to play the bio-terrorist version of the game.

Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Aug 28, 2017

@Kevan LinPandemic Reign of Ctulhu is a Pandemic version without a virus, but with Ctulhu monsters and cultists. It's also a great game :-)

@Thomas Schlegel we played Seasons and I crushed it by 40 points.

1cb5_i_win.jpeg

Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Aug 28, 2017

@Monique van den Berg Congratulations!

Don't know this game, but it looks great!

@Thomas Schlegel it is on Board Game Arena too! I like the mix of cards/drafting with dice rolling. One of my faves. 

@Kevan Lin game recommendation of the day is Terraforming Mars. Great theme, great gameplay and design, lots of fun. 

Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Sep 07, 2017

++

Terraforming Mars is such a great game. It was the hottest new game at the board game fair in Essen last year. Everyone wanted it but it was sold out after ten minutes...

I expect it to get the "Deutsche Spielepreis" (German boardgame award) this year. If you like games, get it!

@Monique van den Berg - when will we play it? ;-)

If you look at my selfie above, you can find the game! Have fun searching it!

@Thomas Schlegel are you putting it in your suitcase?? :)

Hmm, no.

Maybe something else. Just wait and see :-)

Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Sep 18, 2017

As predicted, Terraforming Mars was awarded "Deutscher Spielepreis 2017" today!

Rachel Wright Community Champion Aug 26, 2017

Hello from the road!  This was last weekend at a ranch in Dragoon, AZ.  JIRA shirt goes wherever I go!1506.jpeg

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), what a gorgeous place.  When I think of AZ, that's not the picture I get in my head, but clearly there's more to AZ than Flagstaff :-)

Rachel Wright Community Champion Sep 07, 2017

Hi@Philippe Beaudette - Before I visited Arizona the first time, I expected it to look like the Sahara desert!  Embarrassing, but true. On the way to Summit last year, I told a group of Aussies (non-Atlassians) I was from Virginia and they asked me if I was a tobacco farmer!  It got me thinking about travel misconceptions.  I wrote a quick post about it on my RV travel blog at: http://www.ultralight.life/general/tobacco-farmer

What were your incorrect travel misconceptions?  See you soon!

Selfie.JPG

Sorry! I was away with my family at Disneyland this weekend and unable to post this until now...

Pro Tip:  Tons of CA schools started yesterday, so it was a ghost town at Disneyland. Longest ride wait was 10 minutes or less. Mark your calendars!

We are big Disneyland people and school for us starts later so this is an excellent pro tip for next year. 

IMG_5398.jpg

my face got flagged as spam :(

Aww. It's a nice face. And I see no ads tattooed on it anywhere.  Bad spam filter! Bad!

Carolyn French Community Champion Sep 06, 2017

Hello, hello! Almost Friday... and almost time to get on the "road" for Summit!

20170907_075305.jpg

I just got my Summit haircut!

Screen Shot 2017-09-06 at 5.57.18 PM.png

I got a Summit haircut too!

Seems I am a little sideways..... but why wouldn't you take a selfie with giant metal chichens? (rockon)20170529_154154.jpg

@Kimberly Deal (Columbus AUG) - This is AWESOME.  I want one now.

@Philippe Beaudette

Tractor Supply is your shop then!

And an enormous home for the chicken

I hope you've all read the story of Beyoncé the giant metal chicken. (Warning: NSFW language.) 

I totally have!

Great Story - and the chicken has the same nickname as I have in some parts of California *haha*

I was thinking about that too! Hahahah!

I think Monique may already have this one (not technically a selfie I guess, but those are all rubbish)

RedCat.jpeg

Comment

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Jodi LeBlanc
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: How do you recharge your batteries after a busy week?

Happy Friday – Fun Day! I don’t know about you, but I have been giving everything I’ve got this week (and most weeks) and come Friday I look for unique ways to recharge my batteries - rest, relax, a...

187 views 21 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you