Friday fun: Dr Seuss Trivia

Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2018

March 2nd, it's a lot of days in the US - Texas Independence day, Employee Appreciation day, and Read Across America day. However, it's also Dr. Seuss's birthday.

Seuss.png

Today, I'd like to challenge you to read a few books, enjoy this quiz for yourself, your friends and children.

I'll post the answers soon. In the mean time, enjoy :)

1. In "The Cat in the Hat Comes Back", what time of year is it when the cat comes to visit the children again?
  2. 'I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them __________'?
  3. 'You may like them. You will see. You may like them in a ____'?
  4. Where does the Grinch live?
  5. Who is Max?
  6. In "Horton Hears a Who", What is this town called that Horton has saved?
  7. In "Horton Hears a Who", What day is it when Horton hears the small noise?
  8. In "Horton Hears a Who", What is the mean Vulture's name?
  9. Who eats their bread butter-side down?
  10. Who does the Lorax speak for?
  11. "One fish / Two fish / _____ fish / Blue fish."
  12. In "One Fish Two Fish", "This one has a little star. This one has a little ____."
  13. What almost destroys the Kingdom of Didd?
  14. What is Dr. Seuss' real name?
  15. What was Dr. Suess' first book title?

Spoiler alert!  The answer key has now been posted in comments.   Don't scroll down until you're ready to check your knowledge :)

5 comments

Comment

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 1, 2018

I think I know 7/15, which is embarrassing since my 6-year-old has an entire shelf dedicated to Dr. Seuss!

My favorite Seuss book is definitely Yertle the Turtle. 

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 1, 2018

2+ 4 + 10= 16! <- did I win?

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2018

6. Lorax!

Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2018

Keep going :)

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2018

Too bad, I don't even know Dr. Seuss 😟

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2018

Now Asterix or Tintin, I'd be up in the 95% range

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2018

Oh yes, that would be much better. I really had to google Dr. Seuss. He's totally unknown in Germany. I know the Grinch, but that's all.

Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2018

Ooooh, I could dig up some Tintin, that'd be a fun little quiz too.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2018

1-6, 11, 12, 14 - check

7-10,13, 15 - :-(

7 and 6...pretty sure i failed.

A person's a person, no matter how small.

.....Dr. Seuss, Horton hears a Who

Alexis_Pruitt March 1, 2018

OMG.  I've become too much of an adult and lost my childhood memories.  Time to step back, slow down and read some wonderful classics again.  Geez, talk about feeling OLD...

Monique vdB
Community Manager
March 1, 2018

Community book club!

Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2018

is there wine?

Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 2, 2018

As the day concludes, its time to reveal the answers.  Who got these? 

1. Winter
2. Sam I Am
3. tree
4. North of Who-ville
5. The Grinch's dog
6. Blue-Ville
7. The 15th of May
8 Vlad Vlad-i-koff
9. The Zooks
10. The Trees
11. Red
12. Car
13. Oobleck
14. Theodor Geisel
15. And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events