Friday Fun: Your Christmas presents!

Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 25, 2020

Hey all,

Hope you are all enjoying Christmas holidays and spending the time with your family! Incredible how time flies, seems like yesterday for me when 2020 started.

Anyways, we had Christmas already yesterday here in Czech Republic (on 24th). I guess it would be appropriate to ask you what was the best or the most interesting Christmas present you got or gave to others? Simply put - which one did you like the most and made you or others happy? :) 

Mines were not so interesting to share, so I will be glad if you share yours. Pretty curious how Christmas presents look in other families / countries and maybe I can get some inspiration for next year! :)

We lately do not make a big deal out of Christmas presents - just small gifts or something useful for others. I guess the most useful present for me were new Niceboy earphones, which I needed for a long time and was just too lazy to buy them for myself haha.

The most interesting I gave to others would be the one I gave to my grandfather. It was a book, which shows old photos of parts in our hometown (Třebíč) compared with how it looks now with a little bit of history to them. Made my grandfather really happy, as he started to tell me about all the old photos he remembers. Great example that even a small gift can be the best :)

Cannot find an example from the book, so here is at least the photo of our square and tower:

Karlovo náměstí Třebíč - vysocina.eu

So what's yours?

8 comments

Comment

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 25, 2020

I can't remember the last Christmas gift I gave or received - maybe it was a pair of socks? And not a pair of socks from Atlassian, but hopefully some appear in the mail. 😄

Looking forward to seeing what others write here, though!

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 25, 2020

Sooooo, we got a puppy 2 months ago and decided then that was suppose to be our Christmas gift this year (i.e. between me and my wife). We wouldn't give each other anything else. However, one of my kids wanted to give her mother a really nice blender so I went along. But to thwart my wife's attention, I wrote a card to her that she needed to come to the basement to receive her loud, bulky and big present. Well, I keep my drumset in the basement and I gave her a performance. I played "Woman" by John Lennon for her and sang along. She was really thrilled. At the same time, my son sneaked out and got the blender and took it upstairs, placed it by the tree and came back down. After I was done playing, my wife really thought that was the gift. As we got back upstairs, lo and behold, there was a big gift. Now my wife was really confused. Anyway, we managed to pull it off and she was super happy about the blender. Oh, and my daughter had given a fake gift as well, just to ensure that my wife didn't suspect anything (i.e. one gift "missing"). I really enjoyed this gifting :)

Like # people like this
Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 31, 2020

Haha, that is amazing! Seems like you had really entertaining Christmas.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2020

I can present this funny santa. Believe it or not. Everything you tell him he repeats in a ridiculous voice.

santa.jpg

So I told him my dashboard is loading so slowly - and now look what he made out of it ;)
https://vimeo.com/494950886

I could not stop laughing.

Like # people like this
Olivia Amora December 30, 2020

I got this Mac Miller's iphone cover as my christmas present. I am a huge fan of Mac Miller. Unfortunately, he left this world so early but still he made his name in the rap world in such a short span of time.

Like # people like this
Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 31, 2020

What a coincidence! Mac is one of my favorite artists (he is actually my number one most listened artist in my library). Incredible talent. Really shame to see such a young and progressive person leave so early.

Thanks for sharing!

Like Monique vdB likes this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 2, 2021

This year a lot of vitamins and different nuts  🌰 . 

I would say interesting so many gifts related to the health and fitness activities.

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2021

My friends and I agreed to not do gifts this year, but as for my family, the most interesting Hanukkah gift I received was a book -  Portraits Unmasked: The Stories Behind the Faces. I love knowing the "why" of things, and usually end up with science/tech books, but this one gives the "why" behind famous paintings and is really interesting.

The most interesting (in my opinion!) gift I gave was an out-of-print book of historical dirty limericks 🤣. We were lucky enough to visit Ireland in 2019 and this was a reminder, as well as just flat-out hilarious.

Like # people like this
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2021

Hi, @Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_!

Last Christmas, 

It was more important to stay safe rather than getting out and buy or sent something to someone.

So I & my friends decided to make some custom-designed greeting cards for each other and share them on a video call.

It was pretty amazing and I & my mom baked fruit cake in-home and celebrated Christmas.

Regards,

Soumyadeep

Like # people like this
Hudson Easton September 4, 2021

I got a Mulu Catchall pouch as a Christmas gift. It is very handy in handling credit cards and other small things along with some cash. I am very happy as I needed it.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events