Friday Fun: Hiking in Mountains ⛰️

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2022

Hey Community Members,

Probably by seeing the topic you should have thought I'm going to discuss Friday's fun by taking hiking and nature topics and stuff. While I take the stories to explain them, it's really about how we enjoy being outside with our family and friends.

I remember when I was little being given a task to pluck the potatoes on a farm in the summer holidays, It was fun tour where there were around 20 members in a group and we explored all the medical herbal plants & their uses on when to use them for what cure.

There was also an activity where we were given the task to climb a mountain that did not have a trail, we were grouped into 4 teams of 5 people in a team and I still remember having fun conversations with friends and those happy moments.

I come from a small town in India, which is famous for coffee. There are several mountains and waterfalls around the city where I live and especially in the rainy season, the falls are very chill but very good for health if we take a bath since it includes all the herbal contents flowing down from the mountains.

falls-chikmagalur.jpg

Let's hear from you on what moments you remember being with your family and friends while hiking in the mountains

Thanks,
Pramodh

10 comments

Comment

Elizabeth Barr
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2022

Such a gorgeous picture!

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2022

My father was (and still is) very much into wandering over big hills and mountains.  As a kid, he dragged the kids up many of them on holidays, and two of the three memories of hill-walking (we don't have many mountains in the UK) are from him doing that.

• I almost fell off Scafell Pike
  • My sister almost fell off Snowdon
  • Much later in life (at least 25 years), we went for a walk in some hills in Scotland and found Castle Gloom (renamed Castle Campbell in the 1500's), my memories of the views are spectacular.
Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2022

Great topic @Pramodh M!

I wish there were mountains near me to hike, but sadly there aren't.  However, my family is regularly walking the dogs in the woods which are very close to our house:

20210925_093235.jpg20210925_093339.jpg20210925_092810.jpg

Like # people like this
Tom Kakanowski April 29, 2022

Living on and surrounded by mountains help make this easier for me!  These are from Indian Arm, a local fjord popular with boaters

13574730273_bab39c3548_b[1].jpg4f7c1012d9a2c2bae83e0f228d18b955[1].jpg

Like # people like this

FYI, I'm not new, just logged in with wrong account by accident! 8-)

Like Monique vdB likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 29, 2022

@Tom Kakanowski WELCOME TO THE- oh nevermind it's you ;)

Those pictures are gorgeous!

Like Pramodh M likes this

HA! Funny stuff.

Andy Rusnak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2022

I grew up in the midwest of the US, we only have small hills (no mountains), nothing like these beautiful pictures.  But while not in the mountains some of the greatest times I have had were with my Cross Country teammates out on trail runs. 

In college there was a wooded system of winding trails not far from us that our coach used to tell us to just "go out and get lost on the trails for 70 minutes".  Normally an hour+ run would have you counting the minutes until you were done, but once we got away from the streets and the city, it was just the team and nature.  The hour would fly by and often times we would even stay out longer.  Since this was in the fall as well all the leaves were changing on the trees so there would be lots of different colors.  It was so peaceful.  

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2022

My wife and I are avid outdoor hikers. We have tried so hard to get our kids to love it too. Although they always complain when we tell them we are going on a hike "I don't want anymore hikes or waterfalls, can we just stay home/at the hotel" - most of the time we get them to come. And those hikes are the best times for our family to bond - away from distraction and out in nature. I do hope that our children will look upon these outings fondly and do the same for their children!

The photo below was taken a few summers back when we said to rest by a brook along the Mendon Peak Trail in Mendon, VT. Our biggest three are in the frame, and it was great to see them challenge each other in climbing over the creek and along the paths through the forest that led to the mountain peak above the tree line.

Thanks for helping bring back the memory @Pramodh M

IMG_8017.JPG

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2022

My oldest son lives very close to Glacier National Park. So beautiful! And hundereds of miles of hiking available. 

Glacier.jpg

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2022

I spent much of my college years hiking along the Appalachian Trail and surrounding areas. Two of my best friends and I loved hiking in the coldest of the winter days. The trails were generally empty, the air incredibly clear and the views spectacular with snow on the mountains and frozen waterfalls. I have always enjoyed hiking thru the wooded areas of wherever I am.

I didn't have any pics handy so I borrowed a couple from the Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservancy.

2022-04-29_12-52-36.jpg2022-04-29_12-51-36.jpg

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2022

Always wanted to hike at least part of the Trail. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2022

This winter from the top of a mountain by are cabin.

20220210_154901a.jpg

Like John Funk likes this
Karthick S
Atlassian Team
May 10, 2022

Thanks @Pramodh M for the post. I was recalling the good memories I had with my friends at Coorg!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events