Friday Fun: Cheers to the team!

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2023

Happy Friday, Community peeps - wherever you are around the globe!

I am really glad that I get the chance to start this weeks Friday Fun thread. After many years in the Atlassian ecosystem, I have built a strong affinity with the importance of teams - at work, in sports, at home, in charity, ...

Great teams are built on trust. On finding out how we can rely on each other in tough times. In celebrating big and small wins together!

When teaming up, it is really helpful to show appreciation to your companions every now and then. And yes, doing so in a visual way can really put a smile on your face. Here's an image I personally use every now and then as a token of appreciation:

Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 19.45.33.png

When do I use this? Usually when I need help solving a technical challenge and someone helped me find that missing piece. Or when I know someone has struggled to solve something and talking it through helped him/her figuring it out. Doesn't have to be big, just a small sign of recognition for a team accomplishment ...

The digital world is full of funny emojis, pictures, memes and other visuals that are perfect to not only hand out the proverbial kudos, but also put a smile on your team mate's face:

Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 19.57.59.png

So, I am really looking forward to be inspired by your favourite imagery to say Cheers, to the team and maybe extend the collection! 😛😅🎉

Bonus points for an accompanying story! Have fun and enjoy Friday, the weekend, and - why not - the big and small smiles for many days to come!

6 comments

Comment

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2023

Hi @Walter Buggenhout - here are my favorites. One comes with a story! 

The first one below I used recently when my team had to do our first demo of work we did in a recent sprint in a System Demo for one of the SAFe ARTs that we support. The team did an amazing job doing the demo in front of over 100 people! We all worked together to put the demo slide together and do the demo! It was great teamwork!  

The rest I use in different scenarios to inspire my team to do great work and congratulate them when they do! I also use a lot of gifs in MS Teams. 

teamwork.jpgteamwork 2.jpg

Like # people like this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2023

summertime-meme-funny.jpeg

Not sure if I can come up with a good one for every post, but it's worth a try 🙈

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2023

saluting monkey.jfifwelcome aboard.jpgyou-can-do-it-meme.jpg

Like # people like this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2023

Haha, love the monkey, @John Funk 🙈

images (3).jpeg

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2023

Alright, I am stealing the penguins!!

Like # people like this
Srinivaas January 26, 2023

cheers-emoticon-card-yellow-emoji-cartoon-character-holding-glass-wine-vector-illustration-156188467.jpg

Like Walter Buggenhout likes this
Peter Jacobson January 26, 2023

After spending any significant time going down rabbit holes and heads banging on desks, the following gif strongly conveys the stoke the team feels now the ordeal is over (for now). It is also a great way to prompt a meme filled celebration!

NewYearsStoke.gif

Like # people like this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2023

And then under the table ...

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 16.52.19.png

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2023

@Walter Buggenhout 

We've been team mates for the last 4 years, I've learned so much from you!

Thanks for being a valued team member, reminding me of the WHY (over and over again), putting people and processes over tools and being a beacon for my personal goals and development!

Even when I sometimes rant about the word TEAM, cheers to the team! (you know what I mean  ... 😉)

Thank you for inspiring me.gif

PS: ... and for telling me how to use emojis in an Atlassian Community post 🤣

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2023

And to add another another one to your collection, here's one from The Office (US) which I'm currently binge watching on Netflix.

Appreciation.gif

Like # people like this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2023

From a collection of inspirational quotes 😛:

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 16.48.23.png

Like # people like this
Tommy Augustine February 2, 2023

Very nice! Cheers!

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 2, 2023

Our whole team uses memes, gifs and emojis all the time to thank one another or lighten the mood when we are dealing with something difficult.  This is almost always done in MS Teams but occasionally via email.  We are all remote so Teams is a huge part of how we communicate throughout the day.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events