It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Best home made Halloween/ Fancy dress costume!

Hey guys!! 

I'm very excited because this Halloween will be my very first Halloween in America. Growing up in Australia, there has always been a big divide about whether kids should celebrate Halloween or not. Some people think it's just harmless fun, and others think it's one more "American thing" that is taking over Aussie traditions.

As a kid, Halloween wasn't a huge deal, though we weren't about to give up an opportunity to dress up and get free lollies! (Or "candy" as they say here in America)! 

I personally enjoy Halloween, or any excuse to get creative and make an outfit. I love DIY costumes as I really like the challenge of making a costume out of things you have lying around the house. (It's even more fun when you have to explain your outfit to someone and then you hear the satisfying "OOOOHHH! I see it now!")

For an Alice in Wonderland themed party last year, I made a "Queen of Hearts" outfit using a white dress I had, a random red ribbon I found, red felt, an old pack of cards and some left over gold/ red cardboard I had lying around.

I'd love to see your best DIY costumes that you made for yourself, your kids or pets! 

halloween.JPG

2 comments

On my daughter's first Christmas, we were in the paper for this costume. Still my favorite!

Halloween 2011.jpg

Dawww - so cute! 

Oh my gosh!  I love this!

This is so cute!!! Did not know I was working amongst a celebrity Monique!!

BiancaE Atlassian Team Oct 25, 2018

OMG a noodle baby!

That's so cute - and so tasty! Totally love it. Wish there was more halloween in Germany.

We only have Fasching here. 

That sounds interesting! What is it?

timmy Atlassian Team Oct 26, 2018

That costume is amazing! I want one for me!

Here's our costume this year! 

44872957_10100379380336151_5812478154773626880_o.jpg

Like max likes this

Where's the foil ball??? :D

Like Monique van den Berg likes this

You guys are too cute!! I love it!

Erica Moss Community Manager Oct 31, 2018

Had to share this gem — it's a human Trello board! https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpm-bpNA4T8

Like Kat Warner {TechTime} likes this

That's awesome!! I love team costumes!

Comment

Community showcase
Posted in Off-topic

Do you still play the same games you played when you were a kid?

Months ago, I was walking in a huge grocery store and I went to the toys aisle and found a jigsaw puzzle that was more than 50% off, and I thought "why not? It will be fun and it can be a beautiful f...

315 views 35 12
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you