cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most useful Add-ons

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2018

JIRA must haves
    *Tempo - Time Tracking
    *Elements (Custom Fields)
    *Jira ToolKit    
    * nFeed
    *Dynamic Forms for JIRA -
    *Dataplane(Reporting)
    *Rich Filters for JIRA Dashboards
    *Agile Board Filter(Dynamic Filters)
    *Agile Remaining Counter
    *Automation for JIRA
    *Power Scripts - Script Runner
    *Audit Log
    *Configuration Manager - Project Configurator
    *SAML Single Sign On

JSD
    *Extension for JSD
    *CSAT Surveys

Confluence
    *Scroll PDF Exporter
    *Lucid Chart
    *Linchpin
    *Brikit Theme Press
    *Page Tree Creator

4 comments

Comment

Billy Poggi AUG NOVA_ DC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2018
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 18, 2018

My pleasure @Billy Poggi AUG NOVA_ DC! 😊

Thad West July 21, 2018

I'm late to the game (nice summer vacation!), but I can post my deck that lists the add-ons, although it looks like @Fadoua did some awesome note taking -- I'd expect nothing less!

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2018

Hi @Thad West

I mentioned that it was your hard work as I hate taking credit for something I didn't do.

Always a pleasure attending your presentations! Enjoy your time off!

Best,

Bill Tanner July 19, 2018

Thanks for the post.  There are a few on here we are not using and I will check them out.

We also use Adaptavist Script Runner quite a bit in our JIRA environments.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2018

@Bill Tannermy pleasure! It is not the whole list, I did my best to take notes while Thad West was presenting during a recent NOVA meetup.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 19, 2018

@Fadoua thanks for capturing this for the community! I love this. 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2018

@Monique vdB😊

Something is on the way for the community. I will have it ready tonight. I put it as "in progress" on the Champions Trello Board.

Billy Poggi AUG NOVA_ DC
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2018

YYYAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Celina Zamora July 19, 2018

@Fadouathis is AAAAAAMAZING! Thanks for trying this out and showcasing the benefits of utilizing this space for AUG members who join the event or don't. 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2018

Oh!!!!  I really didn't do anything I just copied the list that Thad worked hard on putting together. Thank you @Celina Zamora!

Huey Callison July 19, 2018

If you're using Confluence in more of an enterprise-CMS function instead of a true anyone-can-edit wiki, the one must-have I'd suggest would be some kinda workflow-and-approval plugin.  I used Comala Workflows. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/142/comala-workflows 

In my case, we were writing and editing FAQ answers for a helpdesk that was speaking on behalf of the US Government, so while we had some latitude in what we were allowed to say, having some consistent, measured responses required that they be reviewed by several people - some folks familiar with policy, some tech writer folks who could edit for clarity and voice, and ultimately the training folks who would see to it that this information was pushed out to the entire call-center. The business rules were

1. All new pages and changes to existing approved pages must be approved by at least three people on the content team, and then get final approval by one of the three managers on the content team
  2. You cannot approve or final-approve your own page add or edit. 
  3. Exception to #2: emergency page adds or changes can be immediately made by the three managers with no approval from anyone else. ...but if that's not an actual emergency, somebody is gonna give you the side-eye later.

That workflow had four basic paths (depending on who initiated the request) and a more than a dozen states, and was kind of a pain in the ass to implement on the technical side, but from the user end, it turned hours-long content review meetings into a dropdown that showed up in the app that said "you have stuff to review" that people could get to whenever they got to. People clicked on stuff, pages got approved, changes went into production. Huge time-wasting meeting eliminated. 

Billy Poggi AUG NOVA_ DC
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2018

Thanks @Huey Callison I know @Dana Jansen is always talking about these workflows :)

Bill Tanner July 20, 2018

Thanks, Huey.  We do FAQ stuff as well for the government.  I will check out Comala Workflows for Confluence.

Krishna Kommineni July 19, 2018

Thanks for the post @Fadoua

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2018

My pleasure @Krishna Kommineni!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events