Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can i do with done ticket in kanban board

JIRA ADMIN January 10, 2024

Hi,

My kanban board is full of done ticket,

What can i do with them 

I want archive them to some where to perform history lookups or statistics but i dont know how to do that

Please help me, thanks in advance

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2024

Hi @JBSV  and welcome,

you can setup "Hide completed issues older than" setting in the board configuration.

You can choose 1,2 or 4 weeks so that issues older that that setting will be automatically removed from the board itself.

Immagine.png

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Thanks for your answers

How can i access this setting, I use Jira Software -> kanban templateimage.png

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2024

Hi @JBSV and welcome to the Community!

It might be helpful if you could add some additional information about your board: is it in a team managed or company managed project? Is it in Jira Software, Jira Work Management or Jira Service Management?

Normally, you don't have to do anything to hide done issues from your board. They are hidden by default after 2 weeks. Below screenshot shows the setting for this in Board Configuration / General of a company managed kanban board:

Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 10.32.33.png

You can always retrieve any issues via search in Jira (navigato to Filters / View all issues to do so), even if they are no longer displayed on your board. There is a button on your board's done column to display older issues there as well:

Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 10.32.09.png

On a side note: Your done status should be mapped to the rightmost column of your board to make this feature active. If the done status is mapped to another column, Jira does not consider your issues as done.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your answers

How can i access this setting, I use Jira Software -> kanban templateimage.png

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2024

Aha @JBSV , a team managed project 🤗 ...

In team managed projects, there is no setting that lets you decide how long items should remain on the board. It is hard coded behind the scenes and items should disappear 2 weeks after they are closed or so.

There is a feature request to make this configurable that you can track here: JSWCLOUD-21257 

The issue also describes a workaround to manually hide them from the board.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events