Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many users can access single Test environment Licence?

Sophia Smith August 5, 2022

Hello All,

I am new to JIRA Administration. I would like to know about Test Environment licencing.

Can Same licence be used by multiple Users?

Thank you.

3 answers

3 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2022

@Sophia Smith -

Welcome to the community. Are you referring to Jira Software or JSM?

In General - For both application (regardless of envs), one assigned license can only be used by one users and cannot be shared by multiple users.  As regards to Prod/Test env, the total licenses that you have are applicable for both envs.  However, note if it is for JSM, then customers seats are unlimited (free), but anyone who needs the right to edit JSM project issues, then an agent license is required.  The same number of agent licenses that you have will be the same for both Prod/Test envs.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin

Thanks for your quick Reply. This information will help me.

Best Regards,

Sophia Smith

0 votes
Answer accepted
OLA O August 5, 2022

@Sophia Smith  As per Atlassian policies, you should have just one JIRA Prod using a paid license. You could have one or more preprod/test environments using the developer license associated to your official license.

Hi @OLA O

Thanks for your quick Reply. This information will help me.

Best Regards,

Sophia Smith

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2022

Hey @Sophia Smith @and welcome to the community. 

I’m going to assume you use an on premise environment (Server or DC?) on those you can get a development licence from https://my.Atlassian.com

Those licenses will have the same tier as your production license. A seat on that license is named and can thus not used by multiple users dynamically. You can re-assign them tho so they are not fixed to the user. 
You mainly have a number of seats that you can assign from an environment license

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans

Thanks for your quick Reply. I am currently using cloud Environment.

Best Regards,

Sophia Smith

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2022

Well that does change things a bit. If you are on a Premium subscription you actually get a sandbox environment to ‘play’ with. 

That environment has the same license as your ‘real’ environment (except for any apps you have, those will not be licensed or even installed)

Users on that sandbox will need to be re-invited and the sandbox does have some limitations 

https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/manage-product-sandboxes/

Hope this gives you a better understanding 

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events