How do I stop issue file attachments (like txt files) showing up as box - I'd prefer a list view?

owen March 5, 2020

The default for displaying a file attachment that is not an image is to show a square with a partial display of the filename - it would be much more helpful to have a list view of issue attachments with various columns for stats on the files attached, like size, date uploaded, filename etc.

1 answer

0 votes
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2020

@owen Considering that you are using JIRA On-premises (Server or DC) edition of JIRA, you can configure file attachment settings in Advanced settings of your JIRA instance (please note: you will need JIRA System Admin global permission to modify these settings), and specifically, you can switch "Enable Thumbnails" option to OFF. 

Please see this Atlassian document for more details on Attachment settings in JIRA on-premises edition: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-file-attachments-938847851.html

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2020

@owen Did my answer help resolving your query? If yes, could you please mark it as accepted for helping others in the community? If not, please let me know if I can provide any further help on this?

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2020

@owen To add to my answer, you can also view the attributes (author, filename, size, date uploaded/created) for issue attachments by hovering over the mouse on any issue attachment that you wanted to see the attributes for.

Suggest an answer