Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I stop issue file attachments (like txt files) showing up as box - I'd prefer a list view?

The default for displaying a file attachment that is not an image is to show a square with a partial display of the filename - it would be much more helpful to have a list view of issue attachments with various columns for stats on the files attached, like size, date uploaded, filename etc.

1 answer

0 votes

@owen Considering that you are using JIRA On-premises (Server or DC) edition of JIRA, you can configure file attachment settings in Advanced settings of your JIRA instance (please note: you will need JIRA System Admin global permission to modify these settings), and specifically, you can switch "Enable Thumbnails" option to OFF. 

Please see this Atlassian document for more details on Attachment settings in JIRA on-premises edition: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-file-attachments-938847851.html

@owen Did my answer help resolving your query? If yes, could you please mark it as accepted for helping others in the community? If not, please let me know if I can provide any further help on this?

@owen To add to my answer, you can also view the attributes (author, filename, size, date uploaded/created) for issue attachments by hovering over the mouse on any issue attachment that you wanted to see the attributes for.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Desk

Calling all Insight users, we need your help!

Hello Insight users,  As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials. It would really helpful if you can ...

50 views 0 0
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you