It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I delete an attachment in a JIRA ticket I created?

I created a JIRA ticket, added some attachments which are now out of date.

I'd like to delete the attachments but don't know how to do that.

3 answers

1 vote

Hi @Suzy Gooch ,

In order to delete an attachment,

• Move your mouse pointer over the attachment file in your Jira issue.
  • You will be able to see a delete icon.
  • Click on that icon to delete the attachment.
  • Refer to the below screenshot for more clarification.
  • delete-attachment.png
0 votes

Hey @Suzy Gooch

All you have to do is hover over the attachment. If you are in the old issue view it will have a trashcan in the bottom right corner. If you are in the new issue view, it will be an X in the bottom right corner.

If that option is not there, that means you do not have the appropriate permissions to delete attachments. If you are a Jira Admin, you can edit the permission scheme to make sure they are set up correctly. Otherwise, you will need to contact an admin to either have them delete the attachments or to grant you the permission.

Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 9.24.54 AM.png

0 votes
Marianne_Miller Community Leader Sep 09, 2019

Deepanshu and Cody have the answer.  You can easily delete attachments from the UI.  if you can't see the functionality, it may be a permissions things and you need to talk to your admins.  You should probably have delete attachments across issues/stories, not just items you created.  Things change and ownership/responsibility shifts, so you should have access to anything you're working on.

One technique to streamline this is instead of a lot of static attachments, you can provide a link to a working document (google doc, confluence, etc) that is always up-to-date.  Makes it a lot easier and requirements are easier to manage.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Cloud Cafe Ep. 1: Getting started with the Atlassian ecosystem

Welcome to Cloud Cafe – our video series about cloud app development on Atlassian. ✨ Ever heard the term Atlassian ecosystem and wondered just exactly what it meant? Grab a cup of ☕ and join ...

50 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you