Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top tip for new users?

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2021

Hi all

Just wondering what your top tip would be for new users?

If I had to pick one, then mine would be: Get a test area and use it!  You might end up duplicating work, but at least you know you can't mess anything up!

Interested to know everyone else's thoughts?

5 comments

Comment

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2021

Thanks @Liam Green  for initiating the thread.

My suggestion would be - Don't avoid Jira, just give yourself some time and you would fall in love with Jira!!

Cheers

Suvradip

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2021

Hi @Liam Green I would say, "check the shortcut's in Jira software tool and know the UI". Rest of the navigations will be a cake walk.

Like # people like this
Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2021

003-posting-twitter.png

Pin your important fields and keep everything easier at a glance!

Just click on the pin icon next to any fields name, and that's it!
Your Pinned Field will now appear on top of the other fields with a light grey background.

Good to know:
💙 Pinned Fields are persisted across tickets within the same project
💙 Pinned Fields work for each user individually

I just started a blog on LinkedIn to share this little tweaks and tips. 🧠

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2021

Hi @Svenja Lorenzen kudos on your way.

Like Svenja Lorenzen likes this
Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 3, 2021

Thank you SO MUCH @G subramanyam! This is very kind - I'm glad you like this kind of content!!!

Like # people like this
Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 2, 2021

Hi @Liam Green 

My suggestion would be to have several types of users, an administrator, a project admin, board admin and a jira user and understand who can do what.

And above all, experiment in the test environment, review project configurations, understand boards.....

Test, test, test and test. 

Like Liam Green likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 7, 2021

Ha! This is an easy one for me. It would have to be either seek out and hire a knowledgeable Jira admin or find a willing party and get them trained as quickly as possible. Jira is not for the faint of heart, it is not as easy to administer as some software applications. To get the full potential and for power of Jira you need someone that really understands the trenches.

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events