Did you mean: 

New to Jira? Introduce yourself here!

Viewing page 9 of 13

323 comments

Comment

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2023

Well I see many Jira 'old timers' here 😅 Compared to some of the people, I'm actually 'new' to Jira as I started using it in 2019 and a year or so later became site and org admin. Basically, I loved the product(s) soo much that I've decided to become an Atlassian Consultant for one Solution Partner company.

Anyhow, I'm glad to see this community growing more and more over the years 😊

Like # people like this
Rakesh Kambattula May 23, 2023

Hi,
I have been with the community since 1 year, though I would like to learn some new features and share some from my experience.

Like # people like this
Justyna Gdowik _ Deviniti _
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 23, 2023

My name is Justyna, and I come from a diverse background with a passion for streamlining workflows and maximizing efficiency. I'm here to expand my knowledge, share experiences, and collaborate with like-minded individuals who are also navigating the Jira universe.. Cheers to new beginnings! 🚀✨

Like # people like this
Frederik Vantroys
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2023

Hello all,

• When did you first time find out about Jira?

Must be a project I worked on as a developer maybe 8 years ago

• Where are you in the process of adopting Jira? Only considering it or already implemented and looking for some extension?

I use Jira daily, try to make a habbit of keeping most documentation in Confluence and love browsing through the app marketplace to find new ways to improve the experience

• Which topics about Jira are you interested the most and what would you help you?

Automation for sure, the new AI test program also.

• Do you have any funny stories connected to Jira?

images.jpg

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2023

Great picture!!!

Like # people like this
Sanjog Sigdel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2023

Hey everyone.

I'm new to this group but I've been using Jira since 2016.

Like # people like this
Ali Hamza June 1, 2023

Hi
I'm Ali Hamza I started using JSM and Jira software around two months ago
The experience so far is amazing 

Like # people like this
Cadence Tennant
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 1, 2023

Hello all! My name is Cadence Tennant, and I'm going into my senior year at Hope College as a CS major. This summer is my first time using Jira, though I have been a Bitbucket user since my first semester in (cough cough) fall 2020. I'm currently wrapping up my third week at MillerKnoll on their software development team, where I am working on the front end of an application using Angular, and they are fully integrated with Jira/Atlassian/Bitbucket. 

I'm interested in learning more about how Jira integrates with VSCode and if there might be any useful extensions I could use within VSCode that make it even easier to work with!

Unfortunately no funny stories yet...

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2023

Welcome! I don't use Jira within VS Code, but there's a support article about the integration that is available! https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/jira-issues-in-vscode-969520918.html

I love having the development panel on so I can see relevant details quickly from within a Jira ticket. More info on that here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/view-development-information-for-an-issue/

Like # people like this
Najjar _Innovura_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 6, 2023

Hello Hana and everyone in the group,

My first encounter with Jira was during my early days as a developer about 7 years ago. I was asked to fix bugs that were created by the testing team that's when Jira emerged as a robust solution for any IT team's needs.

Currently, we are using Jira and are actively using it for our application lifecycle management. It has been an enriching journey of exploring, learning, and leveraging Jira's capabilities to enhance our productivity. 

Looking forward to interacting with you all and learning from your experiences!

Like # people like this
Kyryk Pavlovsky June 7, 2023

Great to see all of the varying experiences in this group, great resources all around!

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2023

Hello all! I thought I had introduced myself here in the past, but it looks like I may not have! Oops! I've been using Jira for the last 3 years, but more recently have gotten involved in administration of our Atlassian tools at a small educational technology company. I love how well the tools work together and how they help our different teams stay aligned. 

I also recently joined as an Atlassian Community Leader for our Milwaukee, Wisconsin chapter. Excited to be part of this group!

Like # people like this
靳光光 June 8, 2023
  • I use jira first time in March this year
  • Hello everyone! I just joined the kudos program
Like # people like this
Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 15, 2023

I am not new to Jira, but I am new to the group. I have been using Jira since 2018. And I have been using it as a Jira admin on daily basis.

Looking forward to increase my knowledge and see other people use cases.

Like # people like this
Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 19, 2023

I'm new to this group but I've been using Jira since 2018.

Like # people like this
Sanjen Bariki
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 20, 2023

Hello everyone!

First i want to say welcome those who started the Atlassian community as active user.

I have been a long-time contributor to the community and enjoy working with others.

Its good for me to learn more and Share knowledge.

I hope our paths cross here in the community in the near future.

Like # people like this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 20, 2023

Hello!  I'm not new to Jira (been managing for 7+ years) but I am working on becoming more active in the Atlassian Community and expanding my knowledge of other Atlassian products that I don't regularly use (Align, Trello, JSM among others).  I'm looking forward to learning from you!

Like # people like this
Arthur Coelho Pinto June 20, 2023

Hey Guys!

I'm Arthur, i'm new to Jira! I've been working as a Jira admin for the past year, but joined the atlassian community very recently, i still have a lot to learn!

About myself, i live in Brazil and love to play videogames :)

- 2 years ago, when i joined my current working company (but started working as an administrator 1 year ago).

• Where are you in the process of adopting Jira? Only considering it or already implemented and looking for some extension?

- It's already implemented at my company, we manage the workflows and users and try to inovate the most we can using agile methodology.

• Which topics about Jira are you interested the most and what would you help you?

- I enjoy a lot topics about coding groovy scripts using Jira ScriptRunner add-on.

- Yup! In my first week as a jira administrator, i ran a VERY VERY long filter, and so we had to restart the Jira Server,  all company being unable to use Jira for like 20-30 minutes hehehe.

Like # people like this
Sébastien GAYOU June 21, 2023

I'm brand new to using Jira
I'm discovering new things every day
I already thank the community for any questions I may have

Like # people like this
Prabhu Palanisamy _Onward_
Marketplace Partner
June 27, 2023

Hi Everyone, I'm Prabhu Palanisamy and I represent Onward.

We are a new Atlassian Marketplace partner. We use Jira for our own product development activities.

Like # people like this
Sanjog Sigdel
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2023

Warm welcome to the new members in Atlassian Community.

Like # people like this
Kate Smoliakova June 28, 2023

I find out about Jira around 10 years ago but started to use it actively only a year ago.

The most interesting topics for me are organizing portal and knowledge base, automation, and now Jira product discovery.

I have a very funny and close-to-tragic story. 

Once we moved our project from team-managed to company-managed. While we were finishing the Sprint in the old one, and creating Sprint in the new one - somebody moved the task to the new board, but it was marked with the current Sprint.

So I decided to remove this inappropriate sprint from the new board and as a result — this Sprint was also removed from the original board. 

I was shocked. I also was late evening just before the start of my vacation. It was really stressful, but I found the solution. I created the duplicate of the deleted sprint and quickly identified the sprint scope with the help of Activity Stream in Dashboards and assigned a new version of the sprint. 

:) 

Like # people like this
Sachin Dhamale
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2023
    • In 2011 I started my Jira Journey when I joined the Atlassian Partner company their i come to know abt the Atlassian and their Product.
    • I am very much in jira now. Its much improve tool over the time and more powerful tool and still looking for some extensions
    • JQL, Reporting, Workflow, Permissions, Issue Collectors, Groups/Roles these are some important topics which make customer life easy to handle their process.
    • Yes When I heard Jira first time I wonder what kind of tool is this because the Cumin Seed is called as jeera in my mother tounge. So when I say I work on jira the first thing comes in people mind is Cumin Seed :)
Like # people like this
Emilia Naydenova
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 3, 2023

Hi, everyone! I started using Jira in 2021 when I started working at a software company. Me and my team (Marketing) are using Jira daily for all of our tasks and projects and it helps us a lot to track and manage all the work.
I'm interested mostly in tracking our effort, automated work insights and easy project tracking.
Maybe all of the stories in the beginning were funny cause it was all new to me but fortunately it's pretty easy to get used to it :)

Like # people like this
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 3, 2023

Hi @Emilia Naydenova ,

Welcome to the community !!

Like # people like this
Markus Fredén
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2023

Hi,

I've been administering Jira since 2014, although I've has some time off from Atlassian stuff lately and a lot has happend :)

I LOVE JIRA! :)

/Markus

Like # people like this
Sayed Bares _ServiceRocket_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 3, 2023

Hi, My name is Sayed and I have been using Jira since 2017 just when I graduated from University and started my first professional job at ServiceRocket. I love its simplicity, reporting and agility. 

Like # people like this
Markus Fredén
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 4, 2023

👋

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events