Did you mean: 

New to Jira? Introduce yourself here!

Viewing page 6 of 13

302 comments

Comment

Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2022

Hello all!

Patricia here, working with Jira Software and Service Management and confluence since 2018 in a daily basis. 

Im in the "Expert level" now, including the Atlassian Expert Certified Stand, and Im able to implement any business process in Jira.

My fun fact is that I dont develop.... But I have a bunch of automations done in Jira without the need of developers - and this is what I love most in Jira. :)

Like # people like this
Deepak Rai
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2022

Hi Everyone,

I am Deepak an Technology Enthusiast and love to share my experience. After working into different industry I started sharing my experience on YouTube to help others from last 4 years I am sharing my knowledge on different social media. I joined our Atlassian group as a Mumbai Community Lead before 4 months.

I think I may come to like this group very much. Simply because even when implementing Atlassian tools, the agile mindset of both our customers and ourselves is way more important than the tools that support this.

I really hope to read some interesting views and learn from the many peers in this awesome Community. And I'll be happy to throw a pebble or two in the pond of agile discussions as well, every now and then.

Connect with me on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeepakRai/about

Best Regards,

Deepak R.

Like # people like this
Steven Mustari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2022

Hello all,

I'm Steven an engineering lead at an enterprise solutions partner deploying, maintaining and working daily with and engineering solutions within the Atlassian stack.

• When did you first time find out about Jira?
    • Almost 10 years ago at my previous employer.
  • Where are you in the process of adopting Jira? Only considering it or already implemented and looking for some extension?
    • I have been all stages of adopting, migrating, implementing, and retiring Jira. I've seen many, many cases over the time working with product.
  • Which topics about Jira are you interested the most and what would you help you?
    • Any and all things Jira I would love to talk about!
  • Do you have any funny stories connected to Jira?
    • Too many to count.

I love to see all the insights others provide, and am here to share my own experiences to help make anyones experience with Atlassian a better one.

I love spending time with my wife, mixing music, playing video games, and enjoying the outdoors.

Nice to meet everyone!

Like # people like this
Sayed Bares [ServiceRocket]
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 9, 2022

Hello everyone,

This is Sayed, I have been using Jira since 2017, and I had to complete some tasks related to my job interview; the interview went great (I got the job ;) ), and I loved how easy it was to learn and use Jira. I was recently appointed as a community leader here, I have been enjoying helping others especially the new folks to make their Atlassian journey a success.

Like # people like this
Karim ABO HASHISH
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2022

Hi,

My name is Karim and my journey with JIRA started back in 2016

Our Team has been using JIRA to automate complex business projects like Sales/Presales, Project Management, HR and Finance. We have managed several projects to migrate from other JIRA instances and Legacy tools. We are on JIRA Server.

We have Integrated some of our projects with Salesforce using third party plugins. Our Team is fully self-managed and we adopted the SRUM Framework for delivering JIRA Solutions.

I'm interested in JIRA/Confluence topics as well for JSM as i'm a bit new to this product and we will be working on a transformation project where JSM is involved.

The most challenging part for us is the release management process for JIRA solutions. Usually it's not simple even using third party plugins, especially if you are using custom fields ID within your workflow. we have implemented out of the box solution to extend and complement plugins' functionalities for successful release management of big projects.

Like # people like this
Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2022

Hi, 

My name is Marta and I have been using JIRA since 2016. In the beginning of 2021 I became a JIRA Administrator and got ACP-620 certification.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2022

Hello and Welcome, Marta!

We are glad you are here!

Like Craig Nodwell likes this
Jonathan V. November 22, 2022

I am not really new to Jira, but I am new to the group. I have been using Jira since 2010 (give or take), and I truly love it. It's simple to use, and allows for extending functionality and full customization to cater to the needs of the organization.

I just wish I could help more organizations get on-board with Jira and live the dream. lol

Like # people like this
Vikram Sathish ASOKAN
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 24, 2022

I started using JIRA & Confluence since 2016, The Jira was already used by my client we started Agile implementation, we didn't use extensions. For a very long time I didn't attempt use JQL searches I use to get query from my pro friends  and use it 

Do you have any funny stories connected to Jira?

Once I shared a scenario for JQL and the friend shared me the Question and answer link from Atlassian community with even reading it I copied the query and saved it for future use when I was presenting in the meeting the query didn't work as the value give in the link that I copied didn't match our project values that was an embarrassment the team laughed  

Like # people like this
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 25, 2022

Hello! I'm new to the group, but not to Jira!

When did you first time find out about Jira?

I've known about Jira since 2016.  I've used IBM Rational tools (ClearQuest, Rational Team Concert) before then.

Where are you in the process of adopting Jira? Only considering it or already implemented and looking for some extension?

I work for an Atlassian Solutions Partner that helps others get started on their Jira journey.

Which topics about Jira are you interested the most and what would you help you?

Just about anything!

Do you have any funny stories connected to Jira?

No funny stories (yet!)

Like # people like this
Clare Brotherton December 6, 2022

First time I heard about Jira 2021. We are now starting to use it for Projects

Like # people like this
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2022

welcome to the community!

Like # people like this
Andrea Udi December 7, 2022

hello, hope i'm welcome?

Like # people like this
Carlos Silva December 7, 2022

Hello, I've worked with Jira in my last job, and now I'm a part of team Trello. Good to be here!

Like # people like this
Marc December 7, 2022
  • ~ 8 years ago
  • Already implemented and looking for some extension
  • Ways to automate tricky cross-department flows, best practices in organization, and customer satisfaction.
  • I learned during a Zoom call that Jira is in fact *not* pronounced the same way as the tail-end of metal band Gojira.
Like # people like this
Floris van Himbergen December 9, 2022

Hello everyone!

I graduated my masters in Human-Technology Interaction earlier this year. Three months ago, I started working as a Product Owner for a small IT-team in the field of education. Here I also first started working with Jira and Confluence.

Jira is already implemented in our company and team and I am looking to learn how use it more efficiently.

Topics I am most interested in are:

1. Automations since these have the powerful capability of saving a lot of time.
  2. Workflow and Jira boards since our team has a seperate board for development and testing and I am still learning how to best use these with sprints and retrospectives.
Like # people like this
Luke Collins December 11, 2022

Hi there! I'm not too new to Jira, but it's lovely to meet some new people new to Jira and see if I can help :)

I started using Jira around 6 years ago as a customer, but probably didn't figure out the platform was called Jira until I became an agent 3.5 years ago! I didn't realise the platform's name until then hahaha.

Our business has fully adopted Jira. We want to better utilise its ITSM capabilities right now.

Anything ITSM related would be great to learn about. I attended the High Velocity ITSM event in London which was amazing!

I once thought I accidentally amended a workflow in a project that receives 10,000 request per month and flattened it from 10 statuses to 1... that was a fun moment!

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2022

Hi everyone,

I'm not new to Jira, but new to this thread, hence a short introduction. I started using Jira and Confluence about 4 years ago when I started as an Atlassian consultant at ACA Group, a Gold Solution Partner in Belgium.

I've always enjoyed working in the domain of ITSM, initially as a first line service desk agent, later as team lead an incident manager for an international outsourcing service desk.

However, it was only when switching jobs that I got to know Jira and Confluence and what a journey it has been.

Almost all of our clients were on Server/Data Center. In the beginning, I was a bit sceptic about Cloud, but this has changed enormously. I'm an advocate now and can only recommend the migration, whether it is forced or not.

I just love keeping up with all the new features and releases.

Besides that, I started actively participating in the Atlassian Community this year. Becoming a Community Leader in April/May is one of my milestones of 2022. Takeaway: I follow-up all my personal goals in Atlas.

End BSM now!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 14, 2022

Well said, @Dave Mathijs !!  And "Welcome"  :-)

Like # people like this
Michaël Droz-dit-Busset December 14, 2022

Hello, I started using Jira one year ago and since then I can't work without it. We use it for Scrum and, since we owe an ERP, we had to develop an interface between both Jira and .idBusiness.

Like # people like this
Abhay Gupta
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2022

Thank you @Hana Kučerová for this group.

I first started using Jira in 2012 when I got the opportunity to work with a leading international newspaper as part of their product development team. Since then, nothing else makes sense :-)

I have used Jira extensively in various software teams & projects, most commonly around building backlogs, dashboards, prioritizing, sprint & release burndowns, epics, and workflow management and some administration.

I am recently looking into Jira Automation and exploring more into that. And would like to learn more on some Jira reports.

In a few of my team discussions, I have found that Jira and Agile go hand-in-hand, such that some people believe that they are agile if they are using Jira... haha!

Like # people like this
shruti gupta
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2022

I started Jira from 2018 and now we have adopted Jira premium fully in our organization.

I love the Atlassian product because of the Atlassian Support, Resources and Community. This makes me to work on my own.

Every day I tried to open the community to learn from other by going the solution, articles etc. and also tried to help others by giving solution from my end as well.

Looking forward to work and learn more with Atlassian.

Like # people like this
Ronald Hipol December 20, 2022
  • I was given the task to learn Jira mid last year
  • Our company has totally adopted Jira and have a number of plugins in it
  • Advanced JQL for automations will be very helpful
Like # people like this
Heydi Menéndez January 2, 2023

Hola a todos!!

Mi nombre es Heydi y me presento a este nuevo grupo.

• Q : When did you first time find out about Jira?
  • Hace alrededor de 7 años cuando estuve buscando herramientas para manejar incidentes de las pruebas de software.
  • Q : Where are you in the process of adopting Jira?
  • Adoptamos la herramienta hace 3 años en la empresa y ha sido una pasada, No queremos cambiar !Seguimos aprendiendo cada día más.
  • Q : Only considering it or already implemented and looking for some extension?
  • Implementado y en crecimiento, recientemente adquirimos AIO Tests para las pruebas y buscamos mejorar los reportes de horas en breve , asi como sincronizar varias instancias de Jira con alguna aplicación.
  • Q : Which topics about Jira are you interested the most and what would you help you?
  • Siempre leo de todo, todo me sirve y me enseña nuevas y mejores formas de trabajo.
    Q : Do you have any funny  stories connected to Jira?

La verdad cuando algun usuario nos pide que creemos un campo personalizado que ya existe o nos pide gestionar algun proceso como las releases y le respondemos que Jira lo tiene todo o casi todo cubierto.

Ha sido un placer presentarme y espero compartir más a menudo por este grupo

Saludos y que tengan lindo año todos!

Like # people like this
Chris Miller January 3, 2023

Started using Jira in 2017.  I am currently more interested in Jira Service Management and the Asset capabilities than anything else at the moment.

Like # people like this
mirela.zaharia January 4, 2023

Hi everyone.

I know about Jira for almost 3 years but I never got the chance to use it until today. So I'm a fresh user :)

I'm looking forward to learn everything I can about it.

Like # people like this
Panagiotis January 12, 2023

Hello Everyone!

My Atlassian Journey started almost 6 years ago. Since then, I've started an exciting journey that made me love Atlassian Products and especially Jira. I work as an Atlassian Administrator supporting software companies with Jira configuration and administration in general. 

Recently I've decided to take the path and become an Atlassian Certified Expert. I see endless possibilities and continuous improvements all this years. What I like the most as an admin is the configurability of Jira and how customizable it is which helps to adjust it to every company's needs.

Last but not least, the Atlassian community is a great place for me to start helping people all over the world and learn from others!

Happy to meet you all!

Like # people like this
Shivam Desai January 15, 2023

Hello Everyone!!!

I have been using Jira for the last 2 years. But Just joined the Atlassian Community. So, excited to be working with community members and looking for future collaborations and contributions to the community.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events