Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Started with JIRA?

PRIYANKA D. December 9, 2021

Hi everyone, its Priyanka here! :) 

I am fairly new to JIRA and, eager to learn the basics to get started. I am a certified Business Analyst and, aspire to become a BA. However, have zero experience with Technical skills that a BA needs. I plan to focus & start with JIRA. 

Any suggestions or guidance or links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pri

3 comments

Comment

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2021

Hi @PRIYANKA D. ,

Welcome to the community!

You can refer to the suggestions in the community to quickly find documents, videos, and local events.

New to Jira? Start here!

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Start here: Atlassian Community 101

Like PRIYANKA D. likes this

Thank you @Ollie Guan  for sharing the links.

Johnny FromCanada December 9, 2021

In general, a tool alone with not "save you". 😬

From a Lean-Agile perspective, you can think of BA as overlapping with Product Ownership (depending on context), and so you might find this famous excellent video helpful:  Agile Product Ownership in a Nutshell | Kniberg

It talks about the philosophy and processes involved, which can be supported via the Jira tool, in particular product backlog, work sequencing, splitting, Scrum, WIP limits, burn-ups, etc.

Thanks Johnny. I agree tool alone can't be enough but, could be the initiator for now.

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2021

Welcome to the group!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events