Welcome to Jira Work Management!

Viewing page 2 of 3

70 comments

Comment

Kevin Tuei
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2021

Familiar to JSM but haven't taken a leap at Jira Work Management. A Guide or use case would be a great place to start.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2021

Hey Kevin - thanks for joining us here. 

And here ya go: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/resources/

Like # people like this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 30, 2021

Hi @John Funk ,

Thanks for engaging as a group leader for this brand new group for a brand new product! As a Jira veteran, working with and implementing both JSW and JSM for many years at both our own company and for our customers, I am thrilled to see Jira Core being picked up and leveraged to a platform with really useful features for users of business teams.

I am still in the process of familiarising myself with the features and know that participating in a group like this is a very effective (and often fun) way to stay informed of new things and on on track with user feedback and opportunities.

I'm happy to join and convinced that I will be able to both learn and help others out here!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2021

Thanks Walter!! We are certainly glad you are here and welcome any contribution!

Like # people like this
Laurens Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 4, 2021

Aha, Finally had time to join this group!

• How long have you been using Jira products?
    • 13 years already... time flies when you are having fun
  • What influenced you to try Jira Work Management?
    • Finally a combination of boards, lists, calendar and roadmap... count me in!
  • What do you find most intriguing about JWM?
    • I find it really easy to use, low entry - high value
  • How do you use Jira in your work, office, enterprise, organization?
    • I use it to do everything i used to do in jira software in terms of task management
    • Also use it personally for my home projects
  • We are sure you have some funny stories related to Jira. Why don't you share them with us?
    • I recently created a new JWM project with project key "BABY"
    • States the obvious - new baby on its way and boy (yes its a boy) that definably needs to be managed properly

Glad to join and hope to help!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 6, 2021

Hi @Laurens Coppens  - And congratulations!!! Seems like the perfect kind of "project" for JWM.  :-)  We are glad you founds some time to get here as it sounds like you will be very busy once again soon. 

Would love to hear how all of that goes using JWM.

Like # people like this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2021

Hello everyone

This is Fadoua, Atlassian Admin as a Full Time Job. One of the NOVA Community leaders.

Looking to learn more about Jira Work Management as we don't use it in our company.

Best,

Fadoua

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2021

Welcome @Fadoua !

We are glad you are joining us on the JWM journey, and hope that your company might see the benefit of the new tool!

Like # people like this
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 12, 2021

@John Funk thank you for a new group :)

• How long have you been using Jira products? 5years
  • What influenced you to try Jira Work Management? curiosity :)
  • What do you find most intriguing about JWM? it focuses on TEAM in general, not only on IT teams
  • How do you use Jira in your work, office, enterprise, organization? I consult the Jira products to our customers
  • We are sure you have some funny stories related to Jira. Why don't you share them with us? once, I accidentally initiated full reindex during working hours in company with 10k users (it was on-prem version but quite "funny") :D
Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2021

Hey @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__  - Thanks for sharing! I actually check the wrong box on a workflow migration and moved all of the tickets in our backlog to Done.   It was funny later but not when it happened.  :-)

Like # people like this
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2021
  • How long have you been using Jira products? Since 2014
  • What influenced you to try Jira Work Management? Wanted to try the new and improved project type!
  • What do you find most intriguing about JWM? I love that I can incorporate Automation and Confluence
  • How do you use Jira in your work, office, enterprise, organization? I use it personally to manage my work with various clients
Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2021

Thanks @Kristin Lyons for the information. I hope you find JWM projects very useful!

Like # people like this
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2021

Thanks!

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 22, 2021

How am I just now finding this Group? 

• How long have you been using Jira products? - 8+ yrs
  • What influenced you to try Jira Work Management? - well to be fair I’m not using JWM solo I am using it as part of The larger Jira solution.
  • What do you find most intriguing about JWM? - I like to use it with simplified workflows. Most of my JWM projects benefit from simplicity. I also like the new project templates.
  • How do you use Jira in your work, office, enterprise, organization? - many different ways to be honest. Some projects have a beginning in the end and some are ongoing. We heavily utilize automation in many of these projects and they help us manage our workflows and processes.
  • We are sure you have some funny stories related to Jira. Why don't you share them with us? - there’s nothing funny about Jira here. This is very serious stuff! 😂
Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 22, 2021

Jack!!

I left bread crumbs for you to follow to find it. I think @Liam Green has been eating those though. 

Glad you found your way here and any feedback you have to offer. 

Like # people like this
M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 23, 2021

Just starting to use it too. Will be back in some weeks to share what I think

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 23, 2021

Hi Mohammed - thanks for checking it out. Are there particular business projects/teams that you are most interested in?

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Hakeem Olasupo
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2021

I have attended an introductory video about JVM before and I also look forward to learning more from the community

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2021

Hi Hakeem - thanks for stopping by! I hope you will find JWM helpful for you.

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 11, 2021

Hi everyone 👋, happy to join this group! Here are my answers to some of the questions 👇

• How long have you been using Jira products? For around 10 years, I think 🤓
  • What influenced you to try Jira Work Management? Ease of use, new table view (which is a dealbreaker for our marketing team), and DARK MODE!
  • What do you find most intriguing about JWM? The table view where you can see and edit your issues. I hope we'll see this in Software projects too...
  • How do you use Jira in your work, office, enterprise, organization? We use jira to manage our Software development, test cases, marketing and campaigns,  customer feedback, but also general to-do lists. Pretty much everything we do is in Jira.
Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2021

@Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ !!!! We are glad you made your way here! 

Yes, I would love to see the inline editable lists make it to JSW as well. 

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2021

Hi @John Funk 

Thanks for the warm welcome, glad to be a part of the group.

Jira Work Management is the area where I have to get experience in terms of how it is really used in companies since I have handled fewer projects on JWM other than JSW and JSM, so I'm really interested to see all the different uses and tips here.

Happy to share my thoughts and learn more...

Learning never ends!!

Thanks,
Pramodh

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2021

Hi @Pramodh M  - I will be happy to hear your thoughts and ideas! I would even suggest using it for some personal projects you might have to get a feel for it. 

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 16, 2021

Hello @John Funk 

Glad to be a part of the group!! Here are my responses to the questions:

• How long have you been using Jira products? Over 5 years
  • What influenced you to try Jira Work Management? Curiosity and willingness to explore what is new!!
  • What do you find most intriguing about JWM? Customizations and focus on process
  • How do you use Jira in your work, office, enterprise, organization? Jira is utilized for everything, tracking our internal activities, tasks, client engagements etc.
Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 17, 2021

Hi @Gaurav  - Thanks for sharing the information. I encourage you to jump right in and give it a try!

Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 24, 2021

Hi @John Funk

I am pretty new to JWM. Don't have much experience with this. 

Regards,
Ram

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 26, 2021

Hi Ram!

Now is a great time to give it a try!!

I would suggest creating a personal project for some type of hobby or a task you need to do around your home. 

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2022

Hello  @John Funk  and all, 

• How long have you been using Jira products? from 2011, so 11 years :)
  • What influenced you to try Jira Work Management? not started yet
  • What do you find most intriguing about JWM? not sure
  • How do you use Jira in your work, office, enterprise, organization? I use everywhere, also, I have in-house installation for the own task management
  • We are sure you have some funny stories related to Jira. Why don't you share them with us? I have many fail and success stories :) but is this really interesting, I think sometimes great to share a technical things
Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2022

I encourage you to give it a try with some small items around the office or some personal things. 

Josh Costella
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 7, 2022

JWM has come such a long way from Jira Core. And I know a lot of the great features from JWM have started making their way into Jira Software and JSM. Super excited about that! 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2022

Yes, it's like night and day in my opinion. Glad you are giving it a look!

Karthick S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2022

Hello everyone,

I am Karthick and I am part Atlassian Bitbucket Cloud support team. I joined Atlassian in August 2021. I would love to learn more about Jira Work Management and am excited to be here!

Thank you

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2022

Hello Karthick! Always great to see members of the Atlassian Team here!!

Like Karthick S likes this
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 29, 2022

Hi Everyone!!

I am here to learn about JWM

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 29, 2022

HI Mayur!

We are glad you are here!!

Like Mayur Jadhav likes this
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 29, 2022

Thanks @John Funk 

Like John Funk likes this
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 21, 2022
  • How long have you been using Jira products? Since 2017
  • What influenced you to try Jira Work Management? Implementing an HR process.
  • What do you find most intriguing about JWM? The Forms feature intrigues me, still need to test it out.
  • How do you use Jira in your work, office, enterprise, organization? Software development, business processes, internal service desk.
Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2022

Welcome, Connor!

Yes, I think you will find the forms VERY easy to build and super helpful!

Like Connor likes this
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2022

Welcome @Connor 

Okan Erdogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 20, 2022
  • I have been using Jira on and off for about 5 years.
  • Jira Work Management gives us a clear process and responsibilities (accountability) in managing our software projects effectively. 
  • I find the sprint design and custom field creation most intriguing and exciting about JWM.
  • As I work with a nonprofit organization, Jira helps with assigning tasks within the team and sharing visibility with the executive team.
  • One of my users would make a comment about the status of the task instead of moving the task to a stage. This made me laugh when I saw it!
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2022

Thanks, Okan! Glad you are getting such good use out of JWM!!

And I love the story about the user just commenting on the issue and not moving it - I can certainly relate to having seen that!!

Like Okan Erdogan likes this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 20, 2022

Hi, I'm Craig from Canada.  I'm new to JSM but very old with Jira.  I've been using Jira since version 3.  I typically do implementations for delivery pipelines, the past 2 clients this has also included integrations into their ITSM applications.  Looking forward to learning.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2022

Welcome, Craig! Glad you found your way over here.  :-)

Sakina
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2022

hi @John Funk 

we are using jira from last four years. seeing needs of our HR team we decided to use JWM for them. i feel i need more flexibility on Boards and dashboards other than that its awesome hustle free for them 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 22, 2022

Awesome - glad you are using it! Here's an article that I recently wrote that talks about creating a second more flexible board for your JWM projects. Maybe that will help.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agile-articles/Creating-a-Second-Agile-Board-for-Team-Managed-or-JIra-Work/ba-p/2115018

Steven Mustari
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2022

Hello everyone!

• How long have you been using Jira products?
    • Close to 10 years now.
  • What influenced you to try Jira Work Management?
    • A customer use case, although I've played around with a bit prior to this case.
  • What do you find most intriguing about JWM?
    • The various out of box views, the way you can get almost any team to adapt to using Jira by setting their processes up in it.
  • How do you use Jira in your work, office, enterprise, organization?
    • Everyday! (And at home too)
  • We are sure you have some funny stories related to Jira. Why don't you share them with us?
    • Too many to share. I've certainly seen some interesting Jira configurations. It's always amazing to see all the different organization's take on how Jira shoudl be setup. :)

Looking forward to chatting with, helping, and learning with all of you!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 26, 2022

Welcome, Steven! Glad to see you are using at home, also!!

vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2022

Hello Every one

I am from Land of Natural Culture India

I am working for since 8 years for Atlassian Products, like Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, JWM, SaaS.

I have to take up this as per my Role and change to DevOps as per project requirement. 

I learnt lot of things from Atlassian Applications, still learning.....its a ocean where how much I learn there are still areas to learn. 

looking forward to learn more things...

Vikram P

Like # people like this
Jonathan V. November 22, 2022

I honestly just heard about JWM the other day, and am still seeing how we could leverage this within my organization, and whether it makes sense to do so.

Definitely interested to see how it might play a role in our existing Atlassian universe of applications.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 24, 2022

Welcome, Jonathan! We are glad you found your way over here.  :-)

Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 30, 2022

Hello all, I already introduced myself here . I am reposting here shamelessly to get Kudos. Please forgive me, lol. :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events