licensing for my company

Tat'yana June 23, 2020

Good day! We would like to purchase a jira service desk, confluence and software license. I cannot understand what agents, clients and participants mean. Can anyone explain the difference to me? We have 500 users who can create and process applications. help me please

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Tat'yana June 23, 2020

thank you very much helped

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2020

Hello @Tat'yana 

What documentation are you referencing where it talks about "agents, clients, and participants"?

With regard to JIRA Service Desk, "agents" typically means the people who would be assigned to work on the tickets added to a Service Desk and resolve them. Agents have access to view all tickets in a given Service Desk project where the agent has been added to the Service Desk Team role. And "clients" may apply to the customers that submit tickets to your service desk. The number of customers is generally not part of the licensing. "Participants" are other customer type users who also can see the tickets. 

With regard to JIRA Software licensing, there are just Users. Any user that has permission to view/create/edit issues in JIRA non-service-desk projects that are part of JIRA Software (i.e. Software and Business types of projects) would consume a license for JIRA Software.

For Confluence also there are just "users". Any user that is allowed to view/create/edit content in Confluence would consume a license.

You should probably contact Altassian sales to get more specific advice on how many licenses you would need to fulfill you needs.

I hope that helps.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events