Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Permissions for Users

Arcolia Beverly May 12, 2021

I have Consultants that will need to access to JIRA but I only want  to allow them to do the following:

Change status of an item

and View

How do I create these permissions in JIRA?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

Hi @Arcolia Beverly , if you're on Company-managed project (check in left-bottom corner), you can go to project settings (left bar) -> Permissions -> Actions -> Edit Permissions and edit permissions so the consultants only have 

• Transition Issues
  • Browse Projects

If you're on Team managed project you can't edit permissions for it in detail.

Arcolia Beverly May 13, 2021

Thank this was helpful.  An additional question. When I am in edit permissions

I see the following options:

For example Transition Issues

The following is underneath

Project Role

Application Access

How do I set it for individual people?  What do I select under edit? Do I select project role or Application Access?

How do I set it for a group of consultants?   What do I select under edit? Do I select project role or Application Access?

I am not clear what to select under Edit

I am company managed

For the other options under permissions, they would not have access only to the ones I select for an individual User?

Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2021

Hi, when you're granting permissions you should see following screen. You can select Show more and additional options will be displayd (Single user, group...)

Selection_278.png

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events