Service desk customer getting multiple notifications without any status change being applied

Ciara September 5, 2022

Hi there, 

We are using Service Desk through Jira Service Desk (for us to update) and via our website (for the customer). In the last 2 weeks, most noticably, the client has been getting up to 10 email notifications an hour, when nobody is working on the task. We expect that an email would only be sent if the status is updated. 

If you can share any information, that would be great. Many thanks in advance. 

4 comments

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2022

What are the notifications they are getting?  Does the history show changes to the issues that would trigger these notifications?

Like Ciara likes this
Ciara September 20, 2022

Hi, 

Thanks so much for your interest and support! 

Here is a sample of what I am seeing happening.. nobody is updating the task right now. I was updating it 10 minutes ago. 

service desk repetition.jpg

vitaliy zapolskyy September 5, 2022

Is there a chance someone created a filter and subscribed user to?

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/work-with-search-results/

see "Subscribe to search results" section

Like # people like this
Ciara September 23, 2022

That is a very interesting question. Yes, I definitely have filters, but nothing onthe subscription details.. 

filter dsd.jpg

vitaliy zapolskyy September 23, 2022

Ciara,

Do you have the 'Manage Group Filter Subscriptions' global permission?

Perhaps, impacted user is a member of particular group that is used for filter subscription

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2022

I agree with Nic, A screenshot of type of notifications of better description will help.

Like Ciara likes this
Ciara September 23, 2022

Screenshot added. 

The multiple notifications showing no content mean they are the same as the previous email.. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events