Patch details and Application detailes are not being collected via Insight local machine discovery

Balaji Suresh (bsuresh) October 5, 2021

We are doing Proof Of Concept with JSM Premium cloud. Insight Asset management tool is very new to us. As we are on JSM cloud, we couldnt see enough documents to do the discovery.

I downloaded latest Discovery.zip to my laptop and did Discovery of my laptop using command line. It provided a zip file with details in a folder called "scan". After I import that into Jira cloud manually, I could see host name, license key, etc., but not Applications or Patches. This happened on another virtual machine too.

Any help is appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Balaji Suresh (bsuresh) October 7, 2021

I found the issue and fixed it. Patterns were enabled and data got collected. The reason for not importing into Insight is due to the ObjectType setting. By default, Patches, Application and Application Service Objecttypes were disabled to import data into Insight. I have enabled them manually and imported the data.

Select objectschema --> Import --> Select the Import item, so it expands at the bottom. --> Scroll down to the bottom and select "Patch" --> Edit the configuration of Patch and enable it.

Now, if you import the file, Patch data gets into Insight.

2 votes
Gustavo Delazari Borges
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2021

Hi Balaji,

Within your Discovery configuration, check the tab "Pattern" and see if patterns "Windows_Application_Product.pat" (if I'm not mistaken) and "Windows_Patches.pat" are marked.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events