Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One or multiple projects?

Olof Nysten January 12, 2021

I have just convinced a client to chose JIRA Service Management and now I'm in charge of the implementation project 😨

I have been playing around quite a while in the free version so I'm pretty sure how the product works. I just have a question about multiple projects or not.

The way I have set the test up is by using one project per support apartment. The problem is that the client has one general support mail that most of the tickets arrive to. I want to set up automations that dispatches the tickets according to keywords, but that causes problems when I use multiple projects.

Would you recommend setting up one project for the client and visualizing the tickets based on tags instead?

Thankful for answers as they will guide me in this critical stage.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

Hi Olof,

Based on your scenario, I would probably use just one project on the front end to capture the requests. Then you can either add tags (Labels or Components) to get the tickets to the right team. Or you could even spawn off separate not JSM projects (Classic Software projects) to clone the ticket and work in a normal development environment. 

I would use a field that captures certain values in a dropdown to determine how the tags get labeled. Then you can you automation if needed. 

Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

Hi Olof,

I would agree with John here. And then I would provide the feedback based on the requests and the categories etc you can break it off into other service desks later if the one becomes too overwhelming or they want more people/teams to be in the service desk. 

Usually with a service desk, once people see the benefits, more people want it for their team versus email.

Clark

Like • Olof Nysten likes this
Olof Nysten January 12, 2021

Thank you for your answers. I think that one project at a start and maybe later create more projects sounds like a very good idea. I will go with that.

Like • John Funk likes this
DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events