Next-gen project - agent permission

Matteo Turina January 23, 2020

I created a new-gen project on Jira Service Desk. Since only specific users should be able to see the issues, I changed the permission settings to private and configured the customers as agents and the resolver groups as administrators.

I want the customer A, enabled on project X, to see the issues opened by customer B on project X. Is that possible somehow?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2020

Hello Silvia,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

On Jira Service Desk it’s possible to share tickets with other customers and also a group of customers that is called Organizations.

In your use case, as both customers have permission on Project X, for customer A to also see the ticket created by Customer B, they need to be added as a participant of the ticket.

Customer B can share the ticket through the customer portal by clicking on “Share” and agents can add the customers through the “Request participants” field.

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Matteo Turina January 24, 2020

Hi Angelica, 

Thanks for your answer. Is there any way to aumatically add a group of people as participants, for example in request settings or automations?

Thanks,

Silvia 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2020

In this case, it would be necessary to add an Organization instead of Participants. Participants are people added separately and the Org is a group of customers.

When a customer belongs to an Organization, when creating the ticket they can share it with the Org or create a private request.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events