Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newby looking for some helpful hints with JSM and HR Service Management tricks

tom_sheffield April 26, 2022

Hi folks,

I am relatively new to Jira Service Management and I did get the HR Service Management template and set up Service Project specifically for onboarding new employees. I am really interested in hearing about any cool and innovative things folks have done with this to streamline the process.

Really appreciate any guidance provided.

Sincerely, 

Tom. 

5 comments

Comment

Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2022

HI @tom_sheffield 

The templates are great to get you going. They are, however, only a solid first approximation.

Your next task, after your HR team gets settled into the new world is find out what they don't like and fix that first.

After that, head down the path of asking them what you can do for the cases where they get email, including group email, for service requests. Make that. Lean on automation for repetitive tasks, assignments, etc.

From there, start looking at Jira Forms to do one of two things:

• Dynamic forms to make tediously long forms short and to the point
  • Forms to capture detailed information without having to make them part of the Jira ticket.

That's just a guideline of where to go. I have used JSM to get all the service requests for each of HR, Payroll, and Accounts Payable, among others including the usual tech requests under the same service portal.

Like Liam Green likes this
tom_sheffield April 26, 2022

Hi Mike,

I really appreciate you insight and recommendation on the next steps in this adventure.  I had started thinking that was the next logical step and am now more confident in continue with that approach.

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond and making my initial experience with this group a positive one.

Sincerely,

Tom.

Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 28, 2022

Hi, @tom_sheffield For the onboarding process, we recommend creating a process template, where you add all steps that have to be done to minimize company risk.

Our SaaSJet team is confident that checking the statistics, sticking to the schedule, and using simple tools can overcome these issues. The Business Process Manager is an add-on that aids in making Jira's working process simpler and more convenient.

1. Use a built-in Template or create a custom one with all the steps of the process.

image.png

2. Add instructions, checklists, and forms needed to submit 

image.png

3. Select the assignee for each step (also add approval for these steps If it needs) 

image.png

4. Start the process when needed manually or use Jira Automation to start the process as an action after the selected triggerimage.png

Moreover, when you install the add-on, you'll have predefined templates for a lot of common processes.

UPD: New Onboarding use case 

tom_sheffield April 28, 2022

Hi Karyna,

Thank you for the helpful guidance it is very helpful and I greatly appreciate it.  

Sincerely,

Tom.

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2022

Hi @tom_sheffield 

Welcome to the Group, and welcome to Jira.

As @Mike Rathwell said, the best way to approach it is to be user led - find out what they need and sort it.  My only caveat to that is that the users should understand what Jira does and how it does it so you don't end up going round the houses to solve a problem only to find that Jira does it better in a different way!

Like tom_sheffield likes this
tom_sheffield May 12, 2022

Thank you for this guidance it helps a lot!!!

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 21, 2022

Welcome to the community @tom_sheffield ,

Were you able to get started? You can always come back with additional questions if you have any.

tom_sheffield July 24, 2022

Hi Edwin,

Thank you so much for asking I really appreciate the follow-up.  Yes I have been able to get started however I did get "slammed" by COVID and it turned my world upside down and I am still trying to recover even though I was double vaccinated and boosted.  What complicated my situation, even though my wife and son both tested positive, I tested negative 4 times and my physicians said that I actually did have it but because of the tests I couldn't get what Biden is taken.  Actually my wife got to take it and she experienced a rebound of COVID after taking it but things are improving.

Anyway, I am going to be working once again on standing up our onboarding and am sure will have more questions.  I really appreciate this community and knowing there is always someone out there that has experienced the same or at least can provide some guidance and hope.

Thank you again.

Tom.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events