Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to JSM - Assets

Brenda Stinnett January 24, 2023

We are trying to get JSM Assets working and we are struggling! 

When we added our clients they are linked to AD they not staying current and this has become an manual effort?   Help!

We have 60 different objects types in Assets.  I can't figure out how to do a global search across of of them.  Help!

How do I run reports?

At this point I'm desperate for any kind of help!

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Marie Kent
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2023

Hi @Brenda Stinnett , Atlassian University has a course that you may find helpful. Here is a link to the course description: 

Asset Management Essentials in Jira Service Management 

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2023

Hi @Brenda Stinnett 
So, we are talking cloud JSM/Assets I take it?

When you say "we added our clients they are linked to AD", what client data do you mean and how is linked to AD?? Are we talking AD or Azure AD?

I ask this, as currently I don't know of a way to sync from Azure AD to cloud Assets.....currently. I know it is being worked on by Atlassian (thankfully).

When you say " I'm not even sure our partner set it up correctly", can you elaborate on that for us please?

Brenda Stinnett January 24, 2023

We are using cloud JSM/Assets.

We imported our Azure AD clients.  We are having to manually update when a client is added, change location or terminated.   If there is not sync available how do others handle keeping this current?

Our partner setup 60+ of these just under Hardware list.  I have one for Desktop, one for Notebooks and one for Surface Pros and I need to do a search on field that lie within these three.  Right now I have to go into each one to pull data.  I need to be able to do a global search on just those three or all objects types under Hardware list.

Hardware List (1)

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2023

Hate to say it, but manually is the answer...currently.

Here is a link to Use Assets Query Language (AQL) | Jira Service Management Cloud | Atlassian Support
 I'm uncertain of there being an AQL global search spot, like "Advanced issue search" for JQL. It would be handy though!!!

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this
Brenda Stinnett January 25, 2023

@Curt Holley Thank you!  I will review and see if I can a method.  Is it typical to have these many object types under one schema?  Just trying to make sure the setup is correct before getting heavily invested in importing.

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2023

I think so. I quite like separating them out. But I've seen both in action and having a lot within one giant schema can make searching easier, so.....no hard right or wrong that I am aware of.

Like Brenda Stinnett likes this
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2023

Hi @Curt Holley you mentioned this

currently I don't know of a way to sync from Azure AD to cloud Assets.....currently. I know it is being worked on by Atlassian (thankfully).

Is there a feature request for this that you could link me to? This is something I really want added and would love to be able to follow a feature request so I can track it's progress.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events