Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound Email as Alert

johnathan_blanco February 13, 2020

I would like to setup an inbound email to Jira Service Desk from an automated system of error and warning notification types. I want those to become incidents and I don't want the jira system to send notifications back.

I also want to be able to email and generate internal user requests from the same project as well. 

I only see the ability to have one email account per 'Project' in project settings > Email Requests so I have no idea how to have a standard email request input and an alert email input if I can only have one 'default' account per project. 

Any tips here would be appreciated. 

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2020

Hello @johnathan_blanco Jira natively only supports one email per project. In order to have what you need you will need one of the following options

1. Two projects, one for each email
  2. Two projects and see it's feasible to automatically move the issue to another project as gets created so all ends in one project (not very likely to happen)
  3. All in one project and email but based on the reporter, auto change the request type.
  4. Add mail this issue addon to the environment and config the two emails to go to the same project
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events