• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Inbound Email as Alert

I would like to setup an inbound email to Jira Service Desk from an automated system of error and warning notification types. I want those to become incidents and I don't want the jira system to send notifications back.

I also want to be able to email and generate internal user requests from the same project as well. 

I only see the ability to have one email account per 'Project' in project settings > Email Requests so I have no idea how to have a standard email request input and an alert email input if I can only have one 'default' account per project. 

Any tips here would be appreciated. 

1 answer

1 accepted

Hello @johnathan_blanco Jira natively only supports one email per project. In order to have what you need you will need one of the following options

1. Two projects, one for each email
  2. Two projects and see it's feasible to automatically move the issue to another project as gets created so all ends in one project (not very likely to happen)
  3. All in one project and email but based on the reporter, auto change the request type.
  4. Add mail this issue addon to the environment and config the two emails to go to the same project

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Data Center

Introducing Data Center Community licenses

I'm Alison Huselid, Head of Product for Data Center at Atlassian. As we shared in our last post, we’ve been working on a solution for those of you who work for charitable non-profit organizations tha...

723 views 10 40
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you