Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to install multiple products on one server, running one JIRA service

Geoff Sebastian February 11, 2020

I am installing JIRA ServiceDesk on a server already running JIRA Core and Confluence.
During the installation process, I was not able to "install Jira as Service" because there was already a service named "Atlassian Jira".

I cleared the "install Jira as Service" checkbox and continued. On completion, I encountered the message "Separate 'Tomcat' window". It advised that if the window was closed Jira would be shutdown.

Is this normal behaviour? How can I keep the Tomcat running if I log out?

Cheers,

Geoff Sebastian.

SeparateTomcatWindow.png

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2020

Why not just paste the license key in to your currently installed Jira instance? There is no need for a new installation.

Geoff Sebastian February 13, 2020

Hi Dave,
Thanks for your response.
Sorry I haven't got back. I've had few issues to deal with. First is that the question related to our Test environment. The Trial versions ran out in our Test environment and I am working with Atlassian to sort that out before I can implement your suggestion.

Back soon,

Geoff

Geoff Sebastian March 3, 2020

Thanks Dave,
Once I got my licensing problems sorted out, I then learnt how to upload a OBR file, then I could apply the License. Phew.
Regards,

Greg

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events