How to get customer information using the phone number from service desk rest api?

harish287 February 18, 2020

I have a customer phone number and I need to get the details of the customer like customer info, issues, tickets etc.  by using service desk rest api

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2020

Hi @harish287 

I understand you are using Jira Service Desk and are looking to be able to retrieve customer data based off their phone number via the REST API. 

Natively, Jira Cloud and Jira Server do not store a user's phone number anywhere in the account information.  So this is not typically something we can typically find via the REST API.  That said, perhaps you're using a 3rd party add-on to Jira such as Service Desk LastChangeCallCenter for Jira Service Desk, or some other Marketplace add-on that might store this data within Jira's database.  If that is the case, then certainly your Jira environment might have this data appearing within the application.

Add-ons for Jira have various different ways they could potentially be storing this kind of data.  Because of this, the answer to your question isn't yet clear.  It might be possible to do this via the REST API, but then again, the add-on might not be store this data in a manner that we can actually query from REST.  Also, user data retrieval in Jira Cloud (as opposed to Jira Server) tends to be a bit more restrictive with the GDPR changes Jira Cloud has rolled out in the last year or so.  These changes were made to help protect user privacy and are detailed more in Deprecation notice and migration guide for major changes to Jira Cloud REST APIs to improve user privacy.  So the answer here might also very much depend on your platform (Jira Cloud vs Jira Server/Data Center) here.

If you can let me know more about your environment, such as platform and add-ons present, perhaps I can research some more to find a better answer.  Please let me know.

Andy

harish287 February 26, 2020

Hi, @Andy
I'm using node js, and coming to the add-on I'm using the CallCenter for Jira Service Desk.I have to manage the issues based on the phone number of the user.For example whenever the user calls service desk. I have to take the phone number as a parameter.Then we have to find out the open issues of that user.

I have almost tried every possible option. But I couldn't achieve that task.

Thanks,
Harish

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events