Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I configure the email subject line sent back to the user?

Joe Keller March 23, 2022

Hello,

JSM sends an email to the requester with the key ID in the email's subject line. How do I remove the key ID from the subject?

Thanks!

Joe

2 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2022

Hi @Joe Keller ,

I can look at that for you but that may not be something you actually want as that would blunt one of the nice ways for users to interact with Jira.

By default, if an email comes into Jira with an issue key in the subject line, it will turn the email into a comment in that issue. This can reduce user friction to interacting as that simple "read, understand, reply" cycle can get you more timely responses to notifications.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2022

Indeed, I can't imagine this would be desirable. Maybe if you could explain your use case?

Yuly Buenahora March 30, 2022

I think that having the email as a comment facilitates the visualization and motivate its management.

Question: If the Jira email doesn´t have the issue key in the subject, where that email ended up? as an attachment in the issue?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2022

generally if an email is sent without the issue key in the subject then a new issue will be created. However I have seen in recent testing that if the original reporter responds to his/her original email the JSM interprets it to belong to the original issue and therefore adds a comment.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2023

@Joe Keller are you still looking to remove the key from the emails?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events