Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone set up JSM using the new HR Template?

Billie Herman February 20, 2024

We are looking to set up HR in Jira Service Management and would love to talk with someone who has done this before.

3 answers

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Irina Mosina _TechTime_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2024

Hi @Billie Herman 

As Solution Partners we've done quite a few projects implementing JSM for HR teams, but the truth be told, our expertise and skills were needed to support more enterprise requirements with complex forms and need to setup custom permission schemes.

If you are looking to set something up quickly keep in mind a couple of things: 

1. You get a lot of goodies out of the box, like pre-created Request types and Issue types. Feel free to review and play with them, then cull the ones that you don't need

HR-1.png

2. Forms give you a super-human boost when it comes to requesting data that you can then later export into PDF and even file it somewhere. Creating forms is easy, and you don't need to be a Jira admin for that. Also saves you creating extra Jira fields. 

hr-5.png

3.  When creating the project my advice is to choose Company Managed settings ,that way you can later implement more complex workflows, and overall give your HR team a more mature experience with the project. 

hr-4.png

4. Don't ignore Access and permission settings for your project. Decide who want to raise requests with your team and set it up either from the beginning or later. 

hr-jsm-3.png

5. You can have multiple HR-related service desks, just think about different services and audiences your HR team serves. You can have a separate portal for Onboarding only when only your organisation can raise requests and HR recruitment might be slightly more open. 

hr-jsm-2.png

Hope it helps 

1 vote
Karri Adkins February 21, 2024

I am in the process of building an HR help desk from scratch as we have specific needs for the team that are not related to the out of the box options.  But our HR team is slow to adopt, so it is challenging, but they are coming along.  

All our users have access to entering requests, but the workspace itself is locked down to only certain people in HR have actual access to see and work in it.

I do struggle with the concept of having to build separate help desks b/c that puts agents needing to work from different workspaces, and to me that is counterintuitive of the intent of what JSM can do for teams.

0 votes
rohit_nagar February 20, 2024

Hi @Billie Herman

Certainly. Jira Service Management for HR team, the aim is to optimize workflow efficiency, enhance task automation, and implement robust reporting mechanisms. If you could elaborate on specific aspects or challenges you're encountering, I would be pleased to offer professional guidance and support.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events