Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get approvers from?

Christopher McKain January 3, 2020

I am implementing new workflow with my company and one of the statuses is an Approval step.  I have the value currently as approvers which pulls from whomever was set as the approval when the issue was created.  Is there a better way to manage this?  For example say if the person to approve this issue type changes I currently would have to go into each each issue and edit the Approver field.  I know there are 2 other options such as CAB and Change Managers but I cannot find where to manage those users.  

Another additional question is there a way to mass control different approval for different issue types besides doing what I mentioned above.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2020

Hi Christopher - you might try an add-on like Automation For Jira or ScriptRunner. We use Automation For Jira to set the Approvers under certain circumstances (which could include if the value of a field changes, a transition, etc. ). 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events