Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find SMTP Configuration option in the MAIL Settings for Outgoing Mail

bezawadas April 28, 2020

SMTP Configuration.JPG

I am Site admin and I cannot see option to configure SMTP inside Outgoing Mail.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2020
bezawadas April 28, 2020

Any alternatives,I want to send notifications for the users outside JIRA. The plan is to send notifications to those people once the status is changed for any issue type.  

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2020

Just notify, don't need any changes? 

So just notify, you configured already :)

bezawadas April 28, 2020

Sorry I did not get you,outside users who doesn't belong to JIRA.For example if I want to notify the change Request status to a multiple users having xxxx@xxx.com how would i configure that inside jira.

"Don't need changes", I did not get this.

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2020

So those users with xxxx@xxx.com are not a member of change Request status.
Here, you need to use a post-function of notifying based on the specific rule.
OR you need to install app Automation for Jira for notifying based on the event

bezawadas April 28, 2020

so you are saying we can send emails to non-jira users.I am new to this,Can you drive me to this how can I do , any links or details on this would be appreciated.

Below is my Use Case:

Create a item on issue type Change Request,send the notification to those non-jira users when item status is deployed or closed.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events