Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent not getting notifications for issues created by other agents

Kimi Nakashima October 21, 2019

We are using Jira Service Desk cloud and most of our issues are created by email requests.

We have an agent who gets email notifications whenever a customer creates an issue, but not when one of our other agents creates an issue. He also isn't getting any comments on those issues either.  

He sent me a couple of recent issues created that he didn't get notifications on. He is both the current assignee and a watcher on those issues. I used the notification helper to see if there was something that I was missing, but all it told me was that he receives notifications for the 'Issue Created', 'Issue Updated' and 'Issue Commented' events and that he does not get notified of his own changes. 

I checked his permissions and he has permission to do just about everything except Administer projects.

He has checked his spam folders and filters and the notifications aren't getting trapped on his end.

I'm not sure where else to look. 

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kimi Nakashima October 23, 2019

Turns out that when we first set up JSD, we put our own employees in an Organization. This caused notification conflicts since a number of them are also agents. Chalk this one up to newbies not fully understanding terminology.

It would have been nice if the notification helper listed the organizations that a user was in so we could use that to help troubleshoot as well.

0 votes
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2019

It's odd that he doesn't get notifications from other agents creating tickets, does this happen from both the customer portal and jira agents view?

About the notifications he doesn't get for the changes he does, that's always like that by default, he needs to edit his profile and change the setting that suggests to notify about his own changes

Kimi Nakashima October 22, 2019

He can see that there are comments in both the customer portal and the jira agent view, but because he doesn't get any notification that the customer made a comment, he's having to periodically check those tickets for comments, which makes him slow to respond.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2019

Since you are in cloud you can't see the logs to see what's happening, sounds like you will need to contact atlassian support to help you troubleshoot this. They might be able see something from their end.

Kimi Nakashima October 23, 2019

Yeah, I have a ticket open with support too. I was just hoping that there was something simple that I was missing.

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2019

Nothing else that I can imagine at this point based on the information provided.sorry about that 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events